Looking for buddys to go metal detecting with in southeast TN

gatordog7

Sep 21, 2015
Hixson, TN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett Pinpointer, Lesche digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still looking to meet up with other members to hit some surrounding areas of Chattanooga. Trying to get access to 16 acres on Signal Mtn to detect, off Sawyer Springs I believe. Not sure of any CW activity but may have some old homesites. This sat will be cool but better than sunday. If I havent secured permission yet could go elsewhere.

PM me if interested?

gatordog7

Sep 21, 2015
Hixson, TN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Garrett Pinpointer, Lesche digging tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fyi, while out coinshooting at Chester Frost this past Thursday I was informed by a very nice park ranger that after 18 yrs I can no longer metal detect on the grass at Chester Frost Park in Hixson. He claims that the park superintendent and other "officials" have made the decision. Again he was vey nice about it and did say I could still detect where the water is or will be soon but just not on the grass. I asked him if it was because someone had been detecting there and hadn't been properly filling in their holes and he said yes. So there you have it, another convenient spot lost due to inconsiderate others. Really hated to hear this as it was so close to home and an easy getaway from the days pressures.

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Fyi, while out coinshooting at Chester Frost this past Thursday I was informed by a very nice park ranger that after 18 yrs I can no longer metal detect on the grass at Chester Frost Park in Hixson. He claims that the park superintendent and other "officials" have made the decision. Again he was vey nice about it and did say I could still detect where the water is or will be soon but just not on the grass. I asked him if it was because someone had been detecting there and hadn't been properly filling in their holes and he said yes. So there you have it, another convenient spot lost due to inconsiderate others. Really hated to hear this as it was so close to home and an easy getaway from the days pressures.

Beautiful campground, I spent some time there several years ago. Wasn't there an old town there, up the hill from the river (above the campground)? Seems like I remember detecting there.

doodah

Greenie
Jan 27, 2009
Spring City, Tn
Detector(s) used
Old Garrett Master hunter 5, Bounty Hunter 3300, minelab xterra 705(sold)
Deus XP

Well, that sucks...more and more places we're losing

collectorchris

Greenie
Sep 8, 2015
Cleveland, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT-Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello all, I am in the Cleveland/Bradley Co. area. I would like to meet up with some folks and detect around a bit. I see this thread was started sometime back, so hoping it is still active.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread