Brand New Guy

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Rosco161, great to talk to you! I live in Monroe County, Tennessee (SouthEast) and have done some detecting in a lot of different areas of the state. The biggest difference I can think of is of course the mineralization that makes this soil red. I don't know about the area you usually hunt, or the machine you prefer to use but I believe you'll find the dirt here quite a bit harder to dig in!! Whatever the case, welcome to TreasueNet and welcome to Tennessee!! Hope you find some great things, but most of all hope you have a blast!! Great hunting and good luck!! Regards, skypilot02 (Richard).

OP
OP
R

Rosco161

Greenie
Sep 10, 2008
Thanks Richard,

I just started this as a hobby and I bought a Garrett Ace 250. I haven't found anything good yet because of Hurricane Ike (5 1/2 inches of rain) has flooded the area. I did find a matchbox car that somebody lost a few years ago. I was pretty happy with it.... I hope to get down there next week to hunt. I am hoping to find some lost coins that my Great Grandfather might have lost.... It would be pretty neat finding something he once owned.... Thanks for the welcome.... I will let you know how it turns out.

Rosco

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Hello, Rosco! Although I don't presently own an Ace 250, from all accounts they're great little machines! Congrat's on your first find! I get a kick out of finding little cars. Hate to hear about all the rain, 5 1/2 inches, WOW! I think we're still way below normal here in TN. Coins generally sound pretty good here, and I know what you mean by finding your kinfolk's property. I had the chance to detect my Granparent's house my Mom grew up in and it sure was a thrill to know that I was the first to touch those coins and things since my ancestors! I'm going to be waiting to hear what you find! Great hunting, good luck and have a BLAST!! Regards, Richard.

Tn Dirt Digger

Sep 21, 2008
Pulaski Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nautilus IIba/10" Coil, Whites MXT, M6, 950 Stock Coil, Super12, 6X10 DD, 10X12 SEF Butterfly
That area had a lot of Civil War activity...Does Ft Donelson ring a bell???...Good luck on your trip.Looking forward to your post!!

OP
OP
R

Rosco161

Greenie
Sep 10, 2008
Yes it does. I have went to Ft Donelson years ago. There is also an old Civil War Furnace located in Bear Spring where my other grandfather grew up. Work has prevented me from getting down there but by Christmas I will be there hunting like a mad man..... LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread