Silver U-max ! Help!

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007
Ok y'all I need im-put please!!!! Using the umax on the beach in NC I was able to use the unit without difficuty on dry sand /blk sand (I was able to find a Quarter( blk sand) about 10" in this area) and wet sand no problem . I'm not the spec. one / so how does Tesoro set the grd bal for this area . I have heard that the silver has a problem on salt water area's. what's up(don't look a gift horse in the mouth)! The only issue I see is the 8" coil (coverage) and as long as it works/ it is not a issue . Ok help a fellow out and what do i need to expect . Think'n bout a lg'er coil already??? any imput !! y'all's exp is needed here ! thx's gottit

OP
OP
A

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007
This site has a good answer ratio! I have noticed that a lot of good /'?'s go unanwered what is up /I've learned a lot from you guy's. So will someone wih far more know how on this unit give some imput! I've gvn enough imform suggestion or other imfor is needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thx's gottit thx's again for your help and good diggin y'all!!

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you been to Tesoro's official website? There's a forum there that will probably answer any question you have. I went there to find out about different, newer units in their line and found all sorts of questions answered. It helped me decide on the DeLeon. Give it a try. www.tesoro.com/

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gottit said:
Ok y'all I need im-put please!!!! Using the umax on the beach in NC I was able to use the unit without difficuty on dry sand /blk sand (I was able to find a Quarter( blk sand) about 10" in this area) and wet sand no problem . I'm not the spec. one / so how does Tesoro set the grd bal for this area . I have heard that the silver has a problem on salt water area's. what's up(don't look a gift horse in the mouth)! The only issue I see is the 8" coil (coverage) and as long as it works/ it is not a issue . Ok help a fellow out and what do i need to expect . Think'n bout a lg'er coil already??? any imput !! y'all's exp is needed here ! thx's gottit

Hello,

I don't know the specifics on exactly how Tesoro set the ground balance for the unit.

I use mine inland--and I've never tried it at the beach or in wet sand. I'm sure there are folks on here who use this unit at the beach though. Hopefully they will come on here to help you out.

I have the 12 x 10 concentric coil on mine, but here's my Warning: if you're in a high-trash area it doesn't work that well. Other than that, I like the coil so far.

The stock coil is an o.k. coil for that machine--and unless you are in an area where things will be very deep, I wouldn't worry about changing. Learn that machine with the stock coil FIRST.

Thing is--with a bigger coil you might cover more ground, but you lose speed. So basically when all is said and done, you've paid $130 for an extra inch. :P

-Buckles

OP
OP
A

aladdin

Mar 1, 2007
thx's to all for the imput and the imfo will be used !! thx's again! gottit

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread