Why is it Tesoro machines dont seem to get the respect they deserves??

travelerga

Sep 22, 2013
Silkhope Ga
Detector(s) used
(currently, Lobo & AT Pro) whites 6DB, 6000, Fisher 5 zx, Tesoro Bandito micromax,Sand Shark, Tejon. Garret GT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IN all, I haved owned the Bandito uMax II, The Sand Shark, The Tejon and am going to buy the Lobo ST and another Tejon, in the next month. I prospect, mostly with a dredge and highbanker but am going to start nugget hunting. I also relic hunt, living in Savannah. I also dig for minerals and gems. some minerals, like pyrite are easier to find with metal detectors. The only reason I have sold my detectors is because I knew I would not be using them for a long time. my firat detector was a 6DB.

ShOwStOpp3r

Sep 30, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i heard one guy say Tesoro owners usually work at McDonalds or Home Depot and dont have the money to spend on better detectors,,,yea they're no CTX but for the money i think they're great detectors and with lifetime warranty's,,no company stands behind a product better then Tesoro they're the best in business...
i would like to see them make a super flagship model on par with an Etrac or CTX one day, i think this company could break out huge and start pulling in buyers of the higher end models of MD's

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
People look at them and think they are old technology just by looks. I use to. My Outlaw out performs my Explorer SE in every category except depth. But I'm not complaining since I can still get a quarter at 11" and a dime at 9". Plus it can pick up a tiny thin gold chain when my Explorer or GTI 2500 couldn't.
Tesoro has the best discrimination imo. Best machine I ever used in trashy, iron filled areas.
I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for, but that doesn't work with metal detectors unless your out in a gold field (GPX 5000) or hunting super deep caches( ATX).

Still going to get an AT Gold, Tejon, Tiger Shark in the next few months. No thanks to the high price machines.

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesoro's are the perfect example of:

"Less is More"

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero. Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i heard one guy say Tesoro owners usually work at McDonalds or Home Depot and dont have the money to spend on better detectors

That's hilarious! I have a high-tech job managing CAD/CAM,5-axis machining and 9-axis mill/turn for the automotive industry. I could buy any detector I want. I choose Tesoro. I have no interest in a detector that requires a book on how to set it up right. That's not fun to me, that's too close to the high-tech world at work.

i would like to see them make a super flagship model on par with an Etrac or CTX one day

Not me. I would rather see them stick with the course they are on. The best beep-and-dig machines available. What I would like to see is waterproof housings and wireless headphones. Maybe just built in Kleer or Bluetooth functionality that we can mate up to a headphone of our choice.

Dan

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's hilarious! I have a high-tech job managing CAD/CAM,5-axis machining and 9-axis mill/turn for the automotive industry. I could buy any detector I want. I choose Tesoro. I have no interest in a detector that requires a book on how to set it up right. That's not fun to me, that's too close to the high-tech world at work. Not me. I would rather see them stick with the course they are on. The best beep-and-dig machines available. What I would like to see is waterproof housings and wireless headphones. Maybe just built in Kleer or Bluetooth functionality that we can mate up to a headphone of our choice. Dan

Which machine Integrex? Which software? I've used MasterCam for several years. Closed my company in 2003 and sure miss chip making on that level.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would just like to see maybe 3 tones. A Vaquero with 3 tones would be awesome. And water proof and this and that. Oh wait it's an AT Pro now.

Last edited:

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes an Integrex 200 using Esprit and Geocam. We have 7 5-axis Hermles and we use WorkNC to program those.

Dan

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used

I agree Dan B. The only upgrade I want is a waterproof housing. No interest in a distracting display or any programs.

Dan B

Sep 16, 2007
Windsor Ontario
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went down that road before. Thought I needed a screen. So I tried a variety of machines, even the Cortes, but still, my ring count went to 0. I don't have any desire to get another TID machine. But a waterproof housing and wireless headphones on a 2nd generation Tejon would be awesome!

Dan

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I inversely went down the beep and dig, thumbing a knob road with Tesoro. I could never go back. I tried it a couple times and felt deaf and blind. Not that I rely on the screens to tell if I'm willing to dig a target, but mostly on the tones, just really prefer some tonal change every once in a while.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Tesoro are great machines and I have dug very much with mine. I would hunt against any machine I have and not feel lacking in the least.People always think more is better no true with Tesoro very solid machines. Fast recovery speed on sweeps. The high dollar machines try to think to much sometimes and they are slow..
Just my 2 cents worth. I like tesoro they have always been in the arsenal of relic hunters. I have also dug silver and gold as well.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I inversely went down the beep and dig, thumbing a knob road with Tesoro. I could never go back. I tried it a couple times and felt deaf and blind. Not that I rely on the screens to tell if I'm willing to dig a target, but mostly on the tones, just really prefer some tonal change every once in a while.
That was the same thing I experienced, fletch. Not to mention the increased finds since we went with the Minelabs.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used

That was the same thing I experienced, fletch. Not to mention the increased finds since we went with the Minelabs.

We may be brothers Scott. As my 2 daughters are total opposites. My results have improved in every category moving from Minelab to Tesoro.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread