Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty much the same as the Silver umax. I have one I use with a cleansweep coil on the dry sand at the beach.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing wrong with the Cutlass. It is without all the extra bells and whistles that most hunters get confused with anyway. You can hardly set the Cutlass wrong. There are accessory coils available for it.

tabdog

Aug 16, 2008
Bryant Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Vaquero, Silver Sabre uMax and 2 Compadres
I agree.

It is just as much fun as the Silver uMax.

HH,

Tabdog

fwcrawford

Jan 7, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 50, Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign GT
I had one a while back, but sold recently.
The only reason I sold it was because I just needed to down size some and I wasn't using it that often.
It is an excellant detector and fun to use too.
It has a high pitched target response which I like and very good discriminate control.
The Silver Umax replaced this model, but they are basically the same.
Felix

cavador del oro

Feb 6, 2010
This is a rather old topic but I just wanted to post that the Cutlass II uMax is my main machine. I've used Explorers, Fisher F-70 with DD coil, Sovereign GT, and many other Tesoros and Whites. I prefer the Cutlass over them all.

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought the Cutlass II uMax a short time ago not because I needed another detector but because I wanted to test it out.

A member over on Friendly Detector forum told me he thought it was a bit better than the Silver uMax and I agree. I did a lot of air testings and testings of the all-metal mode and I was impressed. All-metal is as smooth as silk and it air tested farther than my Silver uMax.

But this could also be due to a better coil match. I've noticed all Tesoro detectors differ slightly.

Badger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread