Tejon Question?

1badtacoma

Aug 21, 2005
Wilson, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 250
Whats the best method for digging Large Iron Objects with the Tejon. I know if I hold it above the ground about a foot I cancel out some other the smaller objects in the ground. But Does anyone have any tips or settings that would do better. Reason im asking is a guy I work with knows about where a large metal chest is buried in the ground that his father found back in the 50's While plowing a field, but just covered it back up instead of digging it up. He was a farmer and didnt have time to mess with it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For this project I wouldn't mess with special settings and just ground balance and hunt in All Metal. You can trace the outline of the target if it is as large as you say. It might be a dead pet buried in a metal cooler. Sorry to be morbid, but you have to be prepared for such a case. :'(

OP
OP
1badtacoma

1badtacoma

Aug 21, 2005
Wilson, NC
Detector(s) used
Yea I think your right just judge the size. ok.

But I dont know anyone that would bury a pet in a metal cooler around here just throw em in the dirt.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eeer, We buried our family dog in a Coleman cooler when my son was young. But we didn't put up a headstone. Some take their pets to a pet cemetery where they are inturned in a pet coffin and the grass is cut, headstones are in use.

OP
OP
1badtacoma

1badtacoma

Aug 21, 2005
Wilson, NC
Detector(s) used
Ok maybe it could be i guess, but the guy told me when they were trying to dig it up it was so heavy that they coulded pick it up easily so the just covered it up, I guess it could have filled with dirt and water over the years but Im hoping for the best. I am going to look for it whenever they finish logging the woods.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something like that you just have to dig it up to see if it is possibly filled with gold. Small chance, but who could sleep at night without knowing. Good Luck.

oldbill

Mar 25, 2006
Sounds like a treasure Tale to be sure! Best of luck but I bet only a tale.

oneeye

Aug 16, 2008
Michigan's Left Coast
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites 6000 Di Pro, Garret Grand Master Hunter, Tesoro Tejon, Fisher 1265X
I guess the "treasure hunter" in me wouldn't let me sleep until I dug that thing up :dontknow:
Dan

goldnow

Apr 10, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
My Uncle was transporting my Grandmother's beloved 16 year old dead poodle dog from her apartment to our house, where we had land to bury it. He carried the dead dog in a small suitcase. As he got off the train at our station, a gang of young boys grabbed the suitcase and ran off with it.

We placed a fake headstone in the garden area for my grandmother to see.

I still wish I could have seen the theive's faces when they opened the suitcase.

Oh yeah, right...... I have a Vaquero. I have to ground balance whenever I change type of land, from mountain, to park, to forest, to riverside, etc. It does make a difference.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread