Tesoro Metal detectors

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They will all find rings if you get the coil over them and don't disc out the pull tabs. (Keep it Low)
Both are great detectors only with different features.

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
If you hunt by sound and don't use a visual ID feature, go with the Tejon. Tejon has manual GB in disc also, Cortes does not. Some people will tell you the Tejon is deeper of the two. My 2 cents

jersey devl

Mar 2, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
I have never used the Tejon, but I do have the Cortes and Im pretty sure there aint a coin or ring you couldnt find with either one. I happen to like the TID machines,granted they arent 100% fool proof with which they ID but the Cortes is PRETTY FREAKIN ACCURATE but you should always go by ear first anyways. The Cortes goes plenty deep even in Disc mode (at least in my soil) it locked on 2 merc dimes (same hole) and called it a quarter at 7-8 inches. I guess Im biased but if its coins and rings you want ,I"d go with a Cortes.HH

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd go with the cortes, lower freq, it will hit harder on that silver and features to help you decide whether or not to dig.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with jharhed on the cortes and not only that you do have the all metal mode with manual ground bal to get a little more depth if you wanted to try it and 10 khz is a killer all away around!

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
I have a Tejon and it does ok. with silver, but I would go with the Cortes as well. It is a nice frequency for silver and rings. I have a Silver Umax with the 10 freq. and it does great on coins and jewlery. The cortes would give a little more punch and options. I love the Tejon, but I mostly use it for relic hunting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread