Original Tesoro Lobo

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Everyone,

I have the opportunity to purchase a Tesoro Lobo with the WideScan coil for $175. It is not the Supertraq, and it was purchased new about 10 years ago. It is in great shape and has been used very little. The owner has the manual, and the owner says she bought it, found it to complicated (her first detector) and as a result did not continue to metal detect. Can anybody tell me about this detector? Is it worth that amount? I plan to keep it in my jeep to hunt for nuggets and coins when I run into an old foundation or something. It is not the Supertraq. I know it is a good detector, I just do not know what it is worth. Thanks.

Darryl

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry - I haven't even seen a tesoro lobo that isn't a supertraq.

Did you check tesoro's website? They have operating instructions for everything they made.

Beth

OP
OP
nuggetshooter

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Beth,

I found the manual on line and read it, I also read the Supertraq manual - it looks to me like they are very similar except that the new version has automatic tracking/groundbalance and the older one does not.

Darryl

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
nuggetshooter said:
Hi Beth,

I found the manual on line and read it, I also read the Supertraq manual - it looks to me like they are very similar except that the new version has automatic tracking/groundbalance and the older one does not.

Darryl
That's the whole difference. That's it ...You got it does not traq and you have to balance.........

Attachments

• 1269373409.gif
    1269373409.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,183
  • 1269373409.gif
    1269373409.gif
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,149

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Balancing is not a bad thing. I am not familiar with this Lobo but it may be one of the good ones. Contact Tesoro, they will tell you and will be honest. They have some great people working for them. You can find the phone number online. :thumbsup:

Good Luck and keep us posted because I'm curious.
Randy

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great - glad you were able to find it.

Just for s&g's, would you mind posting it (never know what one will "pick up" along the way, nice to have info) :headbang:

Thanks, and have fun - I love my LST's!

B

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions