Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Dec 2007
    Victoria, Texas
    81 times

Please help with brand new Cortes

I came home to see my new Tesoro Cortes was delivered and sitting at my front door. I assembled the unit and can’t seem to get it to act right. In the Discrimination mode, if I understand correctly, should have the word “discriminate” displayed. Mine doesn’t, it just reads “iron of foil” then the display starts jumping all over the place. Now this is while I’m air testing. I even went outside to air test and it did the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?

Charter Member
    us
    vaquero44 Brandon Moore

Dec 2009
    Maine
    Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer
    93 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Please help with brand new Cortes

check your coil connections and bateries and also check if your in a area of high EMF that will raise alot of havac with most detectors then check your sensitivity settings also if nothing seems to help either call your dealer or Tesoro factory, the giffords are great people to talk with.
    always on the quest of finding the machine that fits me!

Charter Member
    us
    Director-Search & Recovery Team of Oakland County.

Aug 2005
    In Michigan now.
    Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them.
    2168 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

There are many things these days that can affect the detectors, cell phones, microwave towers, etc. http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/davej...terference.htm Take it out to a park or country setting and see if it acts any better after you have turned down the sensitivity setting.
    (C) Sandman, 2005. All Rights Reserved.
    "TIME IS THE ONLY THING YOU NEVER GET BACK, WHY WASTE IT SWINGING A DETECTOR THAT ISN'T UP TO THE TASK."

us
    Mar 2008
    Indiana
    Tesoro: Cortes,Tiger Shark,& Vaquero
    2 times

Mine does the same thing ,I talked to Vince about it after it had been in for retuning,and I cant remember exactly what he said about it but I remember knowing it wasnt of any concern. Mine rarely ever just shows DISC or ALL METAL...I just know that when it does, there are no metal objects in the ground, or any nearby EMI...its a very sensitive machine.
    Take it out for a spin try some air testing and see how well it locks on a dime/quarter,you should get some good air test "depth" with the Cortes....mine can ID a quarter with the coil being almost knee high in an air test. If its chattering a spurting randomly without locking on a known good target...well then you have problems.

us
    Feb 2009
    NE Indiana
    1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

Like jersey said, most times it doesn't show discriminate except when turn on or if get overload signal sometimes does. Nothing to worry about if you are getting good signals. HH.

Ed

us
    Jan 2007
    Middlesex, New Jersey
    Tesoro, Fisher
    1 times

DISCRIMINATE will show after the detector is idle for almost one minute.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors