Tesoro Clean Sweep Coil

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello,

I have been thinking about getting one of the Tesoro Clean Sweep coils to use on my Shadow X2. I understand it is a 5 pin coil so I believe it should work. I will use the Shadow to hunt mainly sports fields so this appears to be a good choice to cover the ground quickly. Has anybody used one of these? If so, with what kind of results. Pros and/or cons would be appreciated. Thanks.

Darryl

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used one with a Conquistador. It's a great coil and you can cover a lot of ground with it. Pinpointing is a snap, just wiggle it back until the signal stops and the target is right the tip of the coil. The only real downside is depth. It isn't a depth demon, but will pick up coins around 4"-5". Definitely best used for finding fresh drops.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You won't miss anything, depending on disc setting of course, up to abt 5" like GibH says, Jhar.

OP
OP
nuggetshooter

nuggetshooter

May 9, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i, Minelab GPX 4000, Gold Bug 2, Troy Shadow X2, Fisher M-Scope FX-3, Fisher 1220X PRO, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies. I am mainly interested in using it to scout out new sites. I can come another time to search for the coins/jewelry hiding deeper. I mainly want to cover a lot of ground just to see what might be located at a particular site. I will mainly use if for soccer and baseball fields and large open areas at some parks we have in the area that are wide open spaces. It sounds like it might be just what I need.

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one for my Silver Umax.

I use it for carnival grounds, soccer fields and sometimes the beach.

It's good for covering a lot of ground as already stated.

Found my avatar with my Silver Umax w/clean sweep coil last August on the beach.
<---

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used one on my Tiger Shark till I sold it to a member here since I started diving again and now I can't get them for Tiger Shark anymore because of the connector problem. You will really like it even for the beaches.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
Sandman,

I'm still using your old 3" X 18" coil at our freshwater beaches and love it. I'm doing fresh drops so I could care less about depth. I find that the discrimination works better on this coil than it did with the stock 8" loop. Man can I cover ground quickly with that coil!
How are you feeling? As good as new I hope. I'm looking for a Excalibur if you know of one. Joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Joe, I am glad you are liking the coil. I used it for finding fresh lost jewelry out in the water. I have been getting out when the knees let me but find gravity has increased at a lot of beaches. I will keep my eye out for a Excal for you. Mine is still going strong and pushing eight years now.

Take Care Joe,
Dennis

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread