Now tesoro website reads this..

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it is difficult to wait. I would be beside myself.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've stopped waiting and have started shopping around for something else.

ohiotech

Jan 4, 2007
Dayton, Ohio.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark with stock 8" and CSC
Has something to do with the watertight coupling that they use for the coils to the control box. They have a new vendor for the piece, but they need to wait for tooling, inspection, and approval before they go into production with the part. This is also have an affect on their service and repair.

Wouldn't want them to place a coupling on your machine that was rushed. They're not looking to tarnish their reputation, and I for one don't blame them. Give them a call and they'll tell you all about the delay and why. About 3 weeks ago, they told me that they were about 6 weeks out before they believed that they would be in production with the new part. Not having a problem myself, I was just calling for my own edification.

Ohiotech

LittleJohn

Apr 7, 2010
South Central, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Etrac,Fisher F75,Tesoro Golden UMax, Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ohiotech said:
Has something to do with the watertight coupling that they use for the coils to the control box. They have a new vendor for the piece, but they need to wait for tooling, inspection, and approval before they go into production with the part. This is also have an affect on their service and repair.

Wouldn't want them to place a coupling on your machine that was rushed. They're not looking to tarnish their reputation, and I for one don't blame them. Give them a call and they'll tell you all about the delay and why. About 3 weeks ago, they told me that they were about 6 weeks out before they believed that they would be in production with the new part. Not having a problem myself, I was just calling for my own edification.

Ohiotech

People have waited over a year....their reputation is beyond tarnished with their water machines...and they know it....so why hurry now? In March they would be ready in April....and in April...just a little while longer...oh and then in April they were ready for Mid May....Blah Blah Blah....water season will be over for the year in a few months...not much more tarnish they could put on their name than that.... :dontknow:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Myself i don't think that Tesoro is going to make water detectors again .

Attachments

• largelogosandshark.gif
    largelogosandshark.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 492
  • largelogotigershark.gif
    largelogotigershark.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 496
  • largelogosandshark.gif
    largelogosandshark.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 488
  • largelogotigershark.gif
    largelogotigershark.gif
    8.8 KB · Views: 495

nudels

Jun 21, 2008
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Vantage AD-14, Tesoro Sand Shark
Keppy said:
Myself i don't think that Tesoro is going to make water detectors again .

If that is the case, they need to change their web tagline, it reads:

"Tesoro Metal Detectors - Official company website with metal detector models for treasure hunting land or water"

DanRiverMan

Dec 13, 2009
Rockingham County, NC
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just noticed it myself, just when I am ready to pull the trigger on a Tiger Shark..I really hope this is a temporary problem....

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
DanRiverMan said:
I just noticed it myself, just when I am ready to pull the trigger on a Tiger Shark..I really hope this is a temporary problem....

DanRiverMan,

All us dealers are hoping to get the word any day. A lot of detectorist's are waiting on those machines. If you really want a SS or TS it would be best to contact a dealer and get on a list.
Joe

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes by all means get on a list as soon as possible. I have had offers to buy my Tiger Shark that are getting tempting as heck. Prices are beyond the price of a new one which aren't available yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread