Tesoro Silver uMax & Good Customer Service

aerograd

Jul 10, 2007
Huntsville, AL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Tesoro Silver uMax & Good Customer Service

I bought a used Silver uMax a couple of weeks ago. It came with the caveat that it was missing the battery compartment cover and the headphone jack wasn't working. I got a good deal on it though, so I figured even if I had to send it in and they made me pay for the repairs because I'm not the original owner I'd still come out fine. Well I took the silver out on a hunt Sunday, plugged in my headphones just to check the jack out, and it worked! There is a minor crack in the headphone jack housing, but it still seems to work fine. Next, I just called Tesoro to get a replacement battery cover ordered figuring I'd have to pay a few bucks for the part plus S/H like I did with the Fisher F2 battery cover that I bought 2 weeks ago. Wrong! Tesoro lady took my name and address and said they'd get it right out to me. No cost. No questions. Just great! I've always heard great things about Tesoro service and their warranty, but never had the pleasure of experiencing it until now. Tesoro will definitely be on my short list of brands to look for when upgrading to my next detector.

Donny

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Re: Tesoro Silver uMax & Good Customer Service

They are a great company to deal with for sure. You also have a fine detector you just scored. The Silver is a great detector. :thumbsup:

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that silver will surprise you for sure it was my first one and got stuff my m6 never found

DetectorOCD

Sep 22, 2010
Dallastown, PA
Detector(s) used
TESORO!

All I hear is great things about this company and their products. I think I am going to go with the Silver umax over the Ace 250. I am also a sucker for toggle switches! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions