Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey everybody.

Well, took the Compadre to a local swap meet yesterday and the whole place was mine (they only run on the weekends).

Put in my time and got a whole bunch of targets. The trash is in the bucket shot below. Always gotta post the bucket shot! ;D

The jewelry is all costume, darn it, except maybe for the sunflower earring. The post is turning color but the flower isn't. I guess I need to test that thing.

In all, it was another fun day with the Compadre. Why more folks don't use this thing is beyond me.

I do have a couple of questions.

I dug my first wheat penny today dated 1944. Odd thing, it isn't a steel penny. It looks like a copper penny. I was under the impression that in 1944 all pennies were made of steel because copper was needed for the war effort. Can someone clarify that for me? :dontknow:

Also, do you that tiny red pin at the bottom. It's in the shape of a book with a quill behind it. It says "SENIOR" across the top and the letters "OBE" maybe "OBC" across the cover. Does anyone know what organization/club that might be? :icon_scratch:

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 346

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1943 cents were made of zinc coated steel, 1944 went back to bronze.

gravediggermax-vabeachva

Bronze Member
Nov 24, 2005
va beach, va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
se pro, excal. II, ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why more folks don't use this thing is beyond me.

i guess they think that if it cost more, i will work better and have more buttons........some want a screen......

i have one and it is some heater in the dry sand here where i hunt..............the best bottle cap i.d.er i ever used.

depth...........do not know, here all dry sand targets are not very deep.

...... :thumbsup:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
OBE - Greek organization. Omicron Beta Epsilon. I can't find it on google, but it could be a defunct organization depending how old the pin is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread