Tesoros in heavy mineralized soil

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do Tesoros handle heavy mineralized soil? I live in the Pacific NW, USA and am considering a nice starter machine for my daughter. I don't need meters (wouldn't mind them, though). I do want options for a DD coil. I want to be able to coinshoot with my daughter and search for some jewelry on land and maybe the beach. I used to own an Eldorado, but was not satisfied with it: probably because it was my first machine and I never really learned how to use it, I sold it too soon. I don't remember how it coped with the horrible soil found in Oregon. If one were to buy a detector from the Tesoro brand, which one would you experts recommend to suite my needs/wants? Thanks

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the vaquero would be your best bet 14khz manual ground bal good coin shooter $420.00 new, the ground bal in some instances is actually better than the tejon but remember if the ground is really bad then you got to rebal every few feet if the machine starts falsing

OP
OP
dbsmokey

dbsmokey

Jan 12, 2004
Oregon
Detector(s) used
CZ-21, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vaquero44 said:
the vaquero would be your best bet 14khz manual ground bal good coin shooter $420.00 new, the ground bal in some instances is actually better than the tejon but remember if the ground is really bad then you got to rebal every few feet if the machine starts falsing

Wow, rebalancing that often sounds like a pain.......

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have used all the tesoro here in ga gold area looking for coins, i have notice that in high mineral ground that if you turn your sensitivty down a little they will stablize . if not they will run you crazy being unstable. i like the tejon for coin hunting, In a high mineral ground with a lot of trash the cortes will say lift coil for balancing. i have found small nuggets with the vaguero & the lobo the secret to them is to lower the sensitvity to weed out hotrock both are good for coins also

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread