LOBO, LOBO ST

rey914v8

Mar 25, 2011
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
Silver umax + 12x10
Hi All, new to TNET. Im a 54 years young and thought that looking for buried treasure would be a fun hobby, in between golf and watching my kids play soccer.
Well I bought a silver umax and before I have received it I'm already looking at buying a Lobo MT.
What is the difference with the lobo vs. Lobo st? I live in California south of San Francisco would these MT's work in soil here. Thanks in advance ???

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to treasureNet Rey :thumbsup:

Hopefully Somone should be able to tell you.

Unfortunately Tesero's are Not a Brand I am
Real familiar with.

DetectorOCD

Sep 22, 2010
Dallastown, PA
Detector(s) used
TESORO!
The lobo SuperTraq has automatic ground tracking, meaning it will adjust itself to the mineralization in the ground automatically. If you have the option, go with the ST! :)

OP
OP
rey914v8

rey914v8

Mar 25, 2011
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
Silver umax + 12x10
thank you for your input. But how are the two Lobos differant Non ST?
I have the opportunity to buy just wondering what make them differant

Big Dig

Sep 16, 2009
rey914v8 said:
thank you for your input. But how are the two Lobos differant Non ST?
I have the opportunity to buy just wondering what make them differant

You can call me at Tesoro....if you have questions regarding the differnces.
[email protected]
928 771-2646

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
rey914v8 said:
Yep, just got off the phone to Casey, got my questions answered :notworthy:
I don't think you can beat Tesoro service................. They saw your question and Casey at Tesoro asked you to call him........................... No other detector maker out there would do that................ Yes they have the best service of all ......... #1....... Casey has even answered my emails and fast ............ Yep they are on the ball....

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rey914v8 said:
Yep, just got off the phone to Casey, got my questions answered :notworthy:

So, what did he say? - Terry

OP
OP
rey914v8

rey914v8

Mar 25, 2011
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
Silver umax + 12x10
He told me that the old lobo was just that..Old the electronics don't compair to today's ST. They can't modify it to bring to today's standard Also they don't make search coils for it but he could rebuilt it. No warranty. He said not buy it.

DetectorOCD

Sep 22, 2010
Dallastown, PA
Detector(s) used
TESORO!
Yeah, it's always best to buy your Tesoro new so you can get that amazing warranty. Plus I really want to support such a great company :headbang:

OP
OP
rey914v8

rey914v8

Mar 25, 2011
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
Silver umax + 12x10
Yeah, I bought the silver umax should get it any day now. Cant wait to get out there and do some diggen hahaha. I really wanted a Vaquero but they are out of my price range. Heck to tell you the truth I may not like this sport/hobby that's why I didn't go for the vaquero. Didn't want to spend too much money on something that I may not like to do. So I got the silver umax. Figured id go for tot lot, parks,beach. see how it go's. Anyway thanks to all that responded.

DetectorOCD

Sep 22, 2010
Dallastown, PA
Detector(s) used
TESORO!
I hope you stick with it, but if you don't you will be able to sell that silver VERY easily on ebay or the classified. Good luck and let us know how you do

OP
OP
rey914v8

rey914v8

Mar 25, 2011
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
Silver umax + 12x10
Yeah, Thank you very much. I do like reading the post's here. Ill keep you posted on any interesting finds... Thanks again.

OP
OP
rey914v8

rey914v8

Mar 25, 2011
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
Silver umax + 12x10
well after i got the Silver umax,went to a local tot lot and scored a big $2.53 . Wow is all i can say. This is fun... now if only i can get time to hunt. Also need some tools to dig the soil is hard here in the south bay. what type of tools do you all use for hard ground? thanks for the advice in advance

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread