Which Four Tesoro Machines?

bleaver

Greenie
Jun 10, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola (X2), Tesoro Golden Sabre, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sandshark, Fisher CZ-21 (X2), Garrett Pro Pointer, and 5, Yes thats 5, Stainless Steel Scoops
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which one is the most easy to learn how to use? I am asking about the detectors, and not ladies.

:occasion14:

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1. Vaquero
2. Cibola
3. Outlaw

I've only used these to include the Golden Umax, Compradre and the Cortez but I didn't use these long enough to say.
I just traded for another Vaquero.

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Which one is the most easy to learn how to use?
The Compadre only has one knob, but I've not seen any of the difficult although I couldn't adjust the Gold Umax correctly for some reason.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let us stick to one subject. Which Tesoro model will go the deepest for buried treasures, but not deep enough for a 2 box detector?:occasion14:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, do not ask me, since I cannot afford more then one detector. I hope that you visit me soon.

:occasion14:

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
giving the choice in purchasing one detector, price is no problem, for single coins and buried treasures in Connecticut. Vaqiero, or Cortes. which one is the easiest one to learn and use?

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vaquero would be my choice. It is the most versatile and has a good am threshold. If you want a screened machine it would be a Tesoro I'd recommend.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
giving the choice in purchasing one detector, price is no problem, for single coins and buried treasures in Connecticut. Cortes or Vaqiero, Cortes. which one is the easiest one to learn and use?

Sam, get the Vaquero with 11" x 8" Coil.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am total confused. I though the higher price, the better detector. Cortes cost from Tesoro, $849.00, and the price for Vaquero is $525.00. Therefore why is the Cortes in not the better detector for deep single coins and buried treasures? I got until April or May to make up my mind.

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes you pay more for features but the performance isn't on par with lesser priced detectors such as the Vaquero. The Vaquero just happens to out perform a lot of detextors even twice it's price imo.

jld66

Oct 28, 2014
Maine
Detector(s) used
Vaquero with 8x11, 8x9, 5.75 concentric coils.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friends, I believe and trust you. Vaquero is for me, next April or May. Thanks.
got the vaquero a few years back. i never even touched a detector before it. compared to other machines people run in a club i'm in, it works really well. only two of us use tesoros. another guy got a tejon this spring and that is all he uses now. i'd say about half use the at-pro. a lot of minelab e-tracs and a few ctx3030's. you know, they dont find anything more than i, or the tejon guy does. a few of the minelab guys even run these coils the size of a jumbo pizza with a bunch of gear hanging off of them. they look like their going to hit the beach for another invasion of France or something. its kinda funny...

supertraq

May 8, 2014
Pcola fl
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz6a,,,Fisher cz-20,,,,Teknetics gamma 6000,,"Tek Eurotek pro ,,Fisher gold bug s.e 2.9er,,Tek T2 ltd se,,Tek T2+,,Minelab Vanquish 540 and 340 and a new Nokta Legend and Garret Infinium
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hobojo

Dec 9, 2013
South Orange County CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Vaquero, Outlaw ,Cibola, Sand Shark,
Minelab Xterra 705, Minelab Safari.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 brand new 2016 Cazadors.