oldred53

Greenie
Aug 8, 2009
Ft lauderdale
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally made my decision today to buy a Tesoro Vaquero detector after two weeks of comparing all the different types of detectors on the market. I've been metal detecting on and off for at least 30 years. I currently have a Minelab Excalibur II for beach and water hunting and love it. I decided to get a light weight land detector and also use it as a backup if I have to send my Excalibur in for repairs. I had to send it in about a week ago for a faulty cable and the estimated repair and return is 6 weeks. This is the only complaint I have with Minelab is their repair time. Now with the Tesoro I still can continue to hunt and get back into land hunting which I did for years starting in 1979. I'll let everyone know when I get it and how it does on my first hunt.

I also want to thank everyone who posted their comments on and Vaquero and the other Tesoro models on this forum. This really helped me to decide and the model that would be perfect for my hunting needs!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to enjoy this detector. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
O

oldred53

Greenie
Aug 8, 2009
Ft lauderdale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
You are going to enjoy this detector. :thumbsup:

Thanks Sandman! I've really enjoyed reading your many posts and knowlwdge of numerous detectors.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations, and welcome to the Tesoro Family! :headbang:

Attachments

• secHandShak.jpg
    secHandShak.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 1,577
OP
OP
O

oldred53

Greenie
Aug 8, 2009
Ft lauderdale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry Soloman said:
Congratulations, and welcome to the Tesoro Family! :headbang:

Thanks Terry. I know you are a big Tesoro supporter. I already have a 100 year old yard to hunt as soon as it arrives. The owner's wife lost a gold ring in this yard several years back. I hope I can fine it for them. They stated that I can keep everything else I fine. Can't beat that deal!

naturalite

Dec 31, 2006
Dallas area
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Do let us know how it goes. I was about to get the same one, but this kidney stone has taken a lot of money out of my pocket. I will be getting one as soon as I can. I just like hearing the good posts people have about it.

OP
OP
O

oldred53

Greenie
Aug 8, 2009
Ft lauderdale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
naturalite said:
Do let us know how it goes. I was about to get the same one, but this kidney stone has taken a lot of money out of my pocket. I will be getting one as soon as I can. I just like hearing the good posts people have about it.

Naturalite - I sure will and hope you are feeling better!!

cokat7

Sep 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats, You just bought what may be one of the most user friendly high performance machines out there. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
O

oldred53

Greenie
Aug 8, 2009
Ft lauderdale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cokat7 said:
Congrats, You just bought what may be one of the most user friendly high performance machines out there. :icon_thumright:
I should get it tomorrow and can't wait to try it out Thursday at an old oldstead.

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received mine a few days ago....only problem is I dont really have any places to go. I went to a park today, but was there long enough to find some modern clad

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bobby S said:
I just received mine a few days ago....only problem is I dont really have any places to go. I went to a park today, but was there long enough to find some modern clad

Bobby! You gotta think outside the box! Woods, fields, vacant lots.. let's go! :headbang:

OP
OP
O

oldred53

Greenie
Aug 8, 2009
Ft lauderdale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bobby S said:

I received mine this evening but didn't have enough daylight to try it out. Wow, I was shocked on how small the control box was and the weight. I've always been told that small things come in small packages. Tomorrow will be the day of truth. Can't wait to see how this detector produces. I will let every one know tomorrow the results.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread