Tejon Ground Balance in VCO or Tone mode?

Bagman13

Apr 9, 2009
NW Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero; Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone.....is it better to ground balance your Tesoro in the VCO or Tone mode?----or maybe it doesn't matter either way? I have been GB in VCO.

Also, isn't it true that when you GB your machine in the threshold/all metal mode, the ground balance settings carry over to the discriminate mode also?

I just got my Tejon in the mail yesterday and want to make sure that I'm straight on everything.
Bought my detector from Mike w/ Woodland Detectors. Met him on TNET. Good guy, and glad that I bought "locally" from a mom/pop business.

Thanks!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The idea of the GB in all metal is to listen to threshold raising or lowering in tone and VCO would change this I would think or not really change it, only make it harder to set. GB settings do carry over to Disc mode, not just in all metal. Good luck, your going to love it. :thumbsup:

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't think it matters if you balance in vco mode or not. But, then again I always have mine in vco so in all reality I don't know. I will tell you that the Tejon in all metal mode with the threshold hum audible is a killer machine. If you're relic hunting with few targets around then the audible all metal mode is the way to go. If it's in the ground it will be heard.

-Swartzie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread