lobo

bruceuth

Apr 21, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
SCORPION GOLD STINER, GTI 1500, gti 2500 ,VAQUERO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i went out to metal detect. it is 30 was out for 15 min got 15 cent a screw cap was in disc. at 4. i tried all metal mode it didn't give me a good sound. hard to hear when it over a target. better in disc good sound. but not bad what i did get. pinpointing in all metal wasn't good in disc was easier. i want to stay out longer to play with the detector but the cold got to me. if i detect when it that cold am going out with the scorpion in all metal. don't like it in disc. still get about the same as the lobo good stuff least junk. the lobo don't have me whip yet.

update got back the scorpion got two nickel two pull tabs one screw top. but it cold out there. guess it a draw.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all in how much fun you can take. I get cold just walking to the car.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bruceuth said:
i went out to metal detect. it is 30 was out for 15 min got 15 cent a screw cap was in disc. at 4. i tried all metal mode it didn't give me a good sound. hard to hear when it over a target. better in disc good sound. but not bad what i did get. pinpointing in all metal wasn't good in disc was easier. i want to stay out longer to play with the detector but the cold got to me. if i detect when it that cold am going out with the scorpion in all metal. don't like it in disc. still get about the same as the lobo good stuff least junk. the lobo don't have me whip yet.

update got back the scorpion got two nickel two pull tabs one screw top. but it cold out there. guess it a draw.

The difference between all metal and discriminate, is a threshold buzz (constant sound). Once you train your ear to listen for breaks in the threshold (the little mosquito hum in your earphones), you will open up the true depth and capacity of the Lobo. Remember, the Lobo and Scorpion are gold nugget machines. The Lobo eats the Scorpion for breakfast in the goldfields.. and I suspect it does the same thing in farm fields and City Parks! :headbang:

OP
OP
bruceuth

bruceuth

Apr 21, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry Soloman said:
bruceuth said:

The difference between all metal and discriminate, is a threshold buzz (constant sound). Once you train your ear to listen for breaks in the threshold (the little mosquito hum in your earphones), you will open up the true depth and capacity of the Lobo. Remember, the Lobo and Scorpion are gold nugget machines. The Lobo eats the Scorpion for breakfast in the goldfields.. and I suspect it does the same thing in farm fields and City Parks! :headbang:
it sound deep am use to louder sound like with the vaquero in any mode which a good machine. like to see if the lobo can pick up gold dust like the scorpion. there a crrek bed that might drive me nuts suppose to have gold dust in it. but the lobo does go deeper. once at the school in a week time i was on the same area both threshold what out then came back. i all way wonder what they pick up. was it big and deep or small and shallow. tomorrow monday it a holiday might go to a park that hunted out see what i can get. last time was 3 cents few pull tabs. i was using the gti 1500

Monte

Jun 5, 2008
Vale, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact (2), FORS Relic (3), FORS CoRe (2)
Makro Racer 2
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido II µMAX, Silver Sabre µMAX & Mojave
Makro and Nokta Pinpointers
Killer-B 'Hornet' headphones
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
bruceuth said:
it is 30 was out for 15 min got 15 cent a screw cap was in disc. at 4.
bruceuth, It's always good to get out when you can. I used to get out more when it was colder when I was younger and healthier, now I might do a little quick-hit work in some sites at or slightly below freezing, but usually not because the ground is too frozen. I am curious what types of trash you plan to reject to pick a Disc. setting of '4'?

bruceuth said:
i tried all metal mode it didn't give me a good sound. hard to hear when it over a target. better in disc good sound.
Poor All Metal mode performance can be due to a reduced Sensitivity setting, and possibly due to the left toggle selection on the Lobo SuperTRAQ.

Do you have the current production Lobo SuperTRAQ, or are you using the original Lobo? Remember, too, that the LST needs to have a 'proper' slight audio Threshold hum as Terry stated below. Also, the LST has a fast auto-tune that quickly restores the Threshold audio setting. You want to make sure you do not move too slowly in the All Metal mode as that can seem like a weak response due to the brisk auto-tuning.

bruceuth said:
pinpointing in all metal wasn't good in disc was easier.
With a proper Threshold and other setting, and with proper sweep presentation, I have never had a problem with the Lobo ST, or the Lobo for that matter.

bruceuth said:
if i detect when it that cold am going out with the scorpion in all metal. don't like it in disc. still get about the same as the lobo good stuff least junk. the lobo don't have me whip yet.
I've owned garret's Scorpion Gold Stingers and while they aren't the deepest detectors they could discriminate OK. Double-D coils usually have more problems with Discrimination, especially with iron, than do Concentric coils. If the Scorpion is not in auto-tune the Pinpointing and depth can be improved.

As for 'whipping' the coil, this is something you shouldn't be doing with either the garret or the Lobo/Lobo ST. None of them are designed for good performance when the coil is swept too briskly (whipped), especially if you are hunting in a higher mineralized ground environment.

bruceuth said:
At least you got out to give it a shot. We have had rain here (NW Oregon) off-and-on so far this year but Tuesday I got out for a while after three medical appointments, and then briefly yesterday after another one just as the rain arrived.

I've managed only 103 coins so far, but too many of them are those lowly pennies. :BangHead: A slow start toward my 2012 goal of 10,000 coins, but if we have a mild winter and spring I won't have so much catching up to do when good seasonal weather returns.

Good luck this year.

Monte

OP
OP
bruceuth

bruceuth

Apr 21, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i found out what was wrong i had low sensitivity like none. when i bring it to 10 it was giving me what i want depth. knew the lobo wasn't bad it all way work if it don't snow this weekend i go out.

OP
OP
bruceuth

bruceuth

Apr 21, 2006
texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bruceuth, It's always good to get out when you can. I used to get out more when it was colder when I was younger and healthier, now I might do a little quick-hit work in some sites at or slightly below freezing, but usually not because the ground is too frozen. I am curious what types of trash you plan to reject to pick a Disc. setting of '4'?

iron and foil on 4

Poor All Metal mode performance can be due to a reduced Sensitivity setting, and possibly due to the left toggle selection on the Lobo SuperTRAQ.

Do you have the current production Lobo SuperTRAQ, or are you using the original Lobo? Remember, too, that the LST needs to have a 'proper' slight audio Threshold hum as Terry stated below. Also, the LST has a fast auto-tune that quickly restores the Threshold audio setting. You want to make sure you do not move too slowly in the All Metal mode as that can seem like a weak response due to the brisk auto-tuning.

i got the lobo super traq
but had it low sens. that is why i got bad performance out of it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread