All Treasure Hunting

boris

Dec 17, 2011
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
tesoro stingray
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The Stingray is waterproof if you get caught in rain.

OP
OP
TarheelPanner

TarheelPanner

Mar 26, 2012
Mebane, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can also get a cover for the unit I choose but I dont plan to get caught in the rain or water for that matter. My other choice would be a compadre.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll be happy with whatever Tesoro machine you eventually choose. You gonna be relic hunting mostly? Both are good starter units for the money. Good luck

OP
OP
TarheelPanner

TarheelPanner

Mar 26, 2012
Mebane, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres a few Rev War sites close by and Civil War sites are a little further away so relic hunting is a real possibility. I'm up for anything really, relics, coins, etc. Does anyone have one of these detectors they'd be willing to part with (I know its hard lol)?

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might want to consider picking up a Cibola of you can swing one. They go deeper for relic hunting.

OP
OP
TarheelPanner

TarheelPanner

Mar 26, 2012
Mebane, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a Cibola might be out of my price range and I'm a complete beginner.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think a Cibola might be out of my price range and I'm a complete beginner.
Here is a Cibola you may be able to snipe at the last second for under $300 shipped. The learning curve is no difeerent than the Umax and it has the pinpoint button even though pinpointing is easy with it already. eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices and a nice used Silver Umax- eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

OP
OP
TarheelPanner

TarheelPanner

Mar 26, 2012
Mebane, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm watching both of them already diggummup! Just figured to ask around here and help a fellow member unload a detector first before going to ebay. Lol

Last edited:

badger

Mar 7, 2012
Divide, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just seen a Vaquero on ebay for 300 bucks (shipped). Now that's the way to go.

OP
OP
TarheelPanner

TarheelPanner

Mar 26, 2012
Mebane, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys I just won a Silver umax off ebay at a great price. Cant wait for it to arrive! :headbang:

GreenMeanie

Jun 3, 2006
TreasureTerrain.com
Detector(s) used
NOX 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats.
Learn the machine and don't worry about the other detectors with bells and whistles.
If the Silver is like the Golden sabre you will be able to tell silver by the warmer tone it gives.
And they are one of the best pinpointing machines around making less of a mess recovering targets.

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congratuations on getting a Tesoro...welcome to metal detecting and Tnet :thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
TarheelPanner

TarheelPanner

Mar 26, 2012
Mebane, NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well after waiting a week it finally came in. I gave it a little test run in the backyard with FoundInNC and had constant strong hits. I'l continue to play around with it in my yard as well as my relatives to get in touch with how this machine works. But so far I'm very impressed. One last question, can I still fill out the warrenty card and send it in if its bought used?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well after waiting a week it finally came in. I gave it a little test run in the backyard with FoundInNC and had constant strong hits. I'l continue to play around with it in my yard as well as my relatives to get in touch with how this machine works. But so far I'm very impressed. One last question, can I still fill out the warrenty card and send it in if its bought used?
All i can say is that if the warranty card was not used filled out or sent in.........It sure would not hurt to send it in they might accept it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread