60.4 KB · Views: 179
  • P1100123.JPG
    P1100123.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 140

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THIS detector loves gold. so far this year i have 4 gold rings , 2 silver rings and a silver bracelet. I don't thumb the discriminator , which makes me dig more.

Great finds!!! What discrimination levels did you have your detector set at when you found those rings? I own a V but it is a backup machine...Sometimes, I wonder what I'm missing. And what do you mean when you say you "don't thumb the discrimination"? Does that mean when you go over a target you increase the discrimination to see what level it is rejected? Seen that technique on a Youtube video. Anyway, thanks and HH!! Congrats on your finds!

OP
OP
outlaw007

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i use the the line before the nickel line. i also do not move it to check each target.

treasure4pleasure

Apr 18, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
FIsher F2, Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds! :) I am reading everything i can about vaquero's because i'm considering getting one!

DirtTGuy

Aug 16, 2015
Maine
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cool great finds buddy!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OutStanding!!!:hello2::headbang:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice finds.Congrats :thumbsup:

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds! The Vaquero is an awesome detector.

Hihosilver

Jan 2, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Mojave, Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Golden micromax (present machines), Past: once upon a time, long, long ago... a Bounty Hunter 840.
Coils: 5.75 concentric, 7” black concentric, 7" widescan,
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice finds. No aluminum?

Well of course he dug up some aluminum to find that gold. You would have to do that with any machine, even the new 5 simultaneous frequency thing-a-ma-bobs. But on the other hand, the analog tone of a Tesoro can sound off very nicely on gold, smooth, round and soft... unfiltered and natural. Some have said they can tell when they are over gold with a Tesoro. Not doubting what their ears hear, but I know that it probably takes hours and hours to hear those subtle differences. I’m not there yet.

But with a digitized tone, I would never be able to get there, because the computer chip takes over and it’s a digitized tone you hear, not the natural analog signal. That’s what I like about Tesoros, the analog signal goes to your ears, not to a computer chip/program... to interpret or attempt to interpret the signal for you.

john845

Dec 26, 2017
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got a V. I used a whites classic for years they are similar with the tones and subtle differences with different metals, I found a gold ring last week with it and i checked to see where it disced out. right around the line above the iron mark. i leave the discrimation right there now and can pretty much guess whats in the ground without thumbing the disc just by the sound it makes. I am not a fan of the digital machines myself i have three and never use them. analogs all i need

john845

Dec 26, 2017
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
most round objects have there own sound

DeepDigs

Oct 27, 2016
WI
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, XP Deus 2, XP Deus, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great finds! :) I am reading everything i can about vaquero's because i'm considering getting one!

Best intermediate detector you can buy, in my opinion.

BTW Im originally from the Rensselaer, Indiana area. (30 mins north of W Lafeyette) What part of the state are you from?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread