fool me once.....

donlor

Apr 4, 2007
staten island, ny
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark, tesoro tiger shark, tesoro cibola, goldbug se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update to my post. After I posted - don’t be duped - later in the day Robert at tesoro left a message for me to call him. I didn’t call right back as I needed time to meticulously strategize. Could it be a threat of legal action? What nefarious subterfuge had he inculcated? Could I counter his machinations & get the REAL Robert to show his true colors? If so, then I could unmask this farce of over-the-top customer care. I knew he was a cool operator so I had better be well-prepared & on top of my game! My mettle would be tested.

Robert threw me a curve ball. Wow, I can see why he is worth whatever they pay him. His stealth lies in how unassuming he pretends to be. What a ninja at disarming unaware people! He calmly & blatantly alleged that he loved my post - yeah, really, do you expect me to believe that? Man, I couldn’t believe his duplicity! Then he upped the ante by coyly asking me if they could print my post - don’t be duped - in their Metal Detector Information Magazine. Hah, has anyone ever heard of this magazine? Not to be outwitted, I feigned that I was flattered & sheepishly said yes. (Two can play the same game.) He (whatever his real name is) emailed me a writer’s release form. I snail-mailed it back to him.

Now, this is my quandary - what to do next? I considered calling the Chamber of Commerce & the Better Business Bureau about tesoro - but what could I PROVE? I know what they are going to do - send my detector back to me in perfect working condition. And, to placate me they might even add a free battery pack. Do they really figure that this will get me to back off? Such an obvious ploy will never assuage me. Hah - do they think that I am so naive as to fall for that? Wrong! I am of firm resole & will not be dissuaded. This charade will be stopped. I have Google Earth up & running - I am monitoring them - they have to be up to something untoward. They will be caught doing SOMETHING - of this I can assure you.

I appreciate all of your replies to my post. And yes, I took particular note of those who told me that the RECEPTIONIST handled their problem & sent them a free replacement part. This is getting to be as bizzare as quantum physics in the Twilight Zone. Their customer satisfaction policy is matters of a different dimension. No receptionist has the authority to do that - IMPOSSIBLE - no, no, no, no no, no! As I labored over this whole situation a single thought kept coming back to me. Robert is ALSO a Roberta - do you see where I am going with this. This would explain “Robert’s” peculiar penchant of wanting to please customers - who are mainly men!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something is seriously wrong with your thinking fella, unless you are trying to be funny and that isn't working.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You sound like so kind of nut to me,did your detector fall off the shelf and hit you in the head...no... had to be something much bigger
Gary

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the guy can wright and if he's using a tessoro he can't be that bad.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Something is seriously wrong with your thinking fella, unless you are trying to be funny and that isn't working.
Sandman you are right on there..... something wrong with this one donlor.Don't know if he is jokeing or is serious.........So some will take it one way and some will take it in a way that will get them upset with Tesoro...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread