Tesoro Tejon with 12x10 dd coil...hot !!!!

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well thought I'd put on the 12x10 coil on the Tejon and give it a run. I have been using the 9x 8 concentric and have had amazing results, great dept, good separation. Well was I in for a " SHOCKER!!" Holy Smokies....The first thing I noticed was how easy it was to ground balance, on hotter soil, the second was its sensitivity and I would say a minimum of 2-3 inches gain in dept. I am still amazed at the ability of the Tejon to go deep,now with the 12x10 dd coil I am able to go back and clean up on the deeper targets. I took out my Whites MXT with its stock coil and did a bench test against the Tejon with the 12x10. Whites MXt on a quarter at about 1o-11 inches. The Tejon with 12x10 dd I got a clear audio at 13-14. This afternoon I will do an in ground test and will be posting the results...

coon8448

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So how did the test go and what brand of coil did you buy?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Geez, Keep this news down or all the AT Pro guys will change over to Tejon's and clean up on the silver.

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
How does the 12x10 dd coil do in trashy areas? I have been thinking about buying one of these, but the main area I search is very trashy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread