Conquistador?

SNOOKSLAYER

Apr 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering same thing I bought the conquistador umax today for 130 bucks was wondering if I got jacked or was it a good buy I got it used but it looks brand new the bottom of the coil doesn't even have any scratches

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What little i can find it seems to be the predecessor of the Cibola. Basically the same except operates at only 10Khz instead of 14. Should be good ones though. Let me now how you like yours. I am supposed to pick mine up next Tues.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have to check what model you have if you want the frequency shift feature which I think came in with the Umax version in 2001 (or was it just moved to the front panel ???). Only negative is that the depth isn't great compared with the new models. Has all the usual Tesoro advantages, easy to use and that great warranty and back-up which means the age isn't the worry that it would be with other brands that cut you off after ten years.

Depth was better than the Silver and around the same as that of the Eldorado except on large targets where the Eldorado crept ahead.

OP
OP
Rebel73153

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info. This one is a Umax model. So will it do 6-8 inches on a dime or quarter?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread