No Depth Vaquero

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
My finds have fallen off a clif this year in spite of hot spots.. Go out, air test a dime on the ground, 9 inches in air.... hey boy that's great..Found out it is difficult for me to hit a dime at four inches in the ground, and I thought we had mild soil. Running 8 /1.5 volt dura cells for 12 volts,Copper Cent, and to a lesser degree Indians out shine the dime, silver quarter not that much better...I've been hitting wheats, so looking back,missing the silver..My test garden is a sand top soil mix, so ,possibly ,my soil depth figures were very optimistic. I need to do a comparison with another beep and dig....air and ground distances..After 52 years of swinging, this really has me bummed out..

Rebel73153

Aug 12, 2010
Roseburg,Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are you running 8 AA batteries instead of the 1 9V it takes? That Could be part of your problem. And if you don't have it ground balanced right that could be a problem as well.

coon8448

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes incorrect voltage is not good and wrong gb will make depth suffer.

OP
OP
N

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
puppy is sick.Sending back to Tesoro to be repaired..I'll pay.If they don't charge me I'll buy a Garrett..I intend to buy either another Vaquero(new),Tejon, or Outlaw. I was thinking of selling my Compadre,seven inch coil, warranty card, and U/w slip in box with Minelab phones. However, I have a spot where Civil War troops may have washed their clothes, all the way to WW1.The COMPOTTER is the only all wet detector I have..Besides if I did sell , SKI WHIZZY would be all over me like flies on //////// something

OP
OP
N

nadcarves

May 24, 2006
central ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Air distance correction

Sensitivity at 10, threshold at 3 o'clock,ground balance in middle IN AIR. clad dime 6.5 in, silver dime 7.0,, nickel 7.5 to 8 inches..Disc knob has some grinding. Origionally called Tesoro, and they said the 12,0 volts was within spec and should be OK..Actually a good test for them at my expense..So, when did the Universe say"//////, go forth and buy a new Tesoro?"

cokat7

Sep 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually a good test for them at my expense..So, when did the Universe say"//////, go forth and buy a new Tesoro?"

Didn't get that last part.

Anyways, the one I have will airtest a quarter at 14" with a diggable signal.

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
The ground balance is inportant on that detector and critical. just a little off and it will chatter on things and ground. i found it (grn bal) to be critical most of the times with mine as my ground being of about an 8-9 of 1 to 10 and 10 being the worst. It sound your detector is a little off as a good air test is like 12-14in on a quarter air test. They're hot and great.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions