older tiger shark coil problem

reed88

Dec 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
bandido 2 umax
Hi , I have an older tesoro tiger shark ,one that you can change the coil with , i seem to be having a problem with the coil wire connecting to the coil beeping , when i move the wire it will emit just a little beep and sometimes when i swing it does the same thing ,kinda aggravating , is there anyway to repair this at home or should i send back to tesoro or should i just buy a new coil , one other point , ive already had it in water and it dosent leak any !
Thanks for your time !
reed

Hot zone

Bronze Member
Apr 26, 2012
Clark County Washington
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark 8" coil, vaquero 8"x9" and 5.75" WS, clean sweep coil, Gray ghost deep woods headphones

Whites TRX pointer
, Garrett gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you removed and cleaned the dust cover?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you removed and cleaned the dust cover?

Reed, this was my first thought too. Also make sure your cable is either wound tight to the shaft or taped straight up if hip mounting. Also keep cell phone off till you need to make a call.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One more thing to check before sending it off - check to make sure the connector cable is fully tightened. If its loose at all it it will make the machine start to sound.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reed, this was my first thought too. Also make sure your cable is either wound tight to the shaft or taped straight up if hip mounting. Also keep cell phone off till you need to make a call.

I forgot to mention to add silicone grease to the threads of the connectors to quiet it down.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Often people go over board with the advise to wind the cable "tight" round the shaft or use a yard of PVC tape down by the coil both of which can place to much strain at the coil connector. You walk on the beach and almost automatically press the coil to the sand to set the correct angle and that can be it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread