Silver U Max- Blew me away!!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Just wanted to share a new (for me) lesson learned! What it cost, when it comes to metal detectors, isnt always necessarily getting the best because you pay much more money for a detector. While hitting our "field of dreams" Saturday early in the morning some of the 100% humidity that had accumulated on the sugar cane leaves somehow got into my Cortes. It was acting a lot like a detector does in very, very high mineral content ground. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE my Cortes.......but she was failing me at a moment when I needed to make use of the limited time as best I could. Lucky for me my good old buddy (and mentor) Buckleboy always carries a spare.....or at least a second detector. Calling the Silver U Max a spare is sort of an insult........it was super light weight, and QUIET in the range that I discriminated. When she hollered it was because there was brass or better under the coil and please allow me to add..........GREAT depth. I see now what Will meant when he told me that detectors over the years have seemed to concentrate to much on what NOT to dig. Keep that coil to the soil and dig everything a good detector tells you to!:thumbsup:

Aztec Gold

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a silver umax not too long ago this is my first metal detector, I was afraid that I bought something that wasn't good since I don't see a lot of people in this forum using one but now that i'm reading this I know that I have something good.

mrnukem

Greenie
Jan 8, 2012
Vancouver, Wa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am a new silver uMax owner, had mine 3 months or so. I was in a local park, got a good signal, dug 5 inches down and it had picked up the metal on the end of a plastic thumb tack. I was impressed that such a tiny amount of metal was found by the silver umax at such a depth.

OP
OP
shanegalang

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Tnet guys and yes, that thing will pick up on the smallest targets and very deep! I will be getting one soon!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uMax convert. :)

That's why it's great to use other detectors. Over the years I have used the Bandido, Cortes, DeLeon, uMax, SilverSabre, Golden uMax, Tejon, and Cibola from the Tesoro line. The Cibola is a killer machine, with more depth than the uMax--but I love how light and fun the little uMax is to hunt with.

I've used a lot of the Whites machines (XLT, MXT, DFX) and just don't care for those awkward, heavy monsters that you have to strap yourself into.

Cheers,

Buck

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Silver umax and have found some items 11"+ in the dry beach sand. For the price, they really can't be beat. Besides, I don't like all the bells and whistles of the other machines. Simple, light, affordable, and effective. I love it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread