With all the reviews read about the Outlaw,will it keep up with a Vaquero?

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Was trying to decide whether to get another Vaquero or a new Outlaw!!! I understand they dont have the same circuitry but for depth wonder if they would be the same???? I like the Outlaw layout and the grn adj in the disc. mode thats a big plus on a Tesoro detector. Guess we will have to wait and see in a few days.

texasgold

Jun 5, 2011
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw 3 coil package and clean sweep
I remember reading something from Robert at Tesoro that the Vaquero will still be deeper than their new offering, the Outlaw.

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
after reading the reviews, I would only get the outlaw if I had no tesoros, the 3 coils set is nice, but already having a vaquero, no way...

cokat7

Sep 25, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
As far as a deep seeking relic machine, I doubt it will keep up with the Vaq. But then there are those that claim the µmax Bandido and Eldorado are deeper than the Vaq too!

The audio is what gets me on this machine. A stock or low tone Vaquero has an audio of 293HZ.
The Outlaw has an audio with 630HZ, the same as the silver µmax which by the way sounds great to me, probly the nicest pitch/tone I have heard in a tesoro.
Not only that, but remember all the guys (including myself) that moved up to a Vaq from the silver and discovered that the HOT technology just doesn't relay target info like the µmax seies?
The Vaquero has treated me very well with many nice finds, but some days I feel like I am listening to a duck on it's death bed when I listen to it.
In the future I can see myself trying this machine out for sure.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The article said the V is deeper because of the Super Tune feature, but my feeling is the Hot Tech machines are deeper in general than the Umax machines. I've been thinking about getting another V(I traded up to a Tejon about four years ago), it's an awesome detector. But when I read about the Outlaw, I started to try to justify getting one. Mainly because it will use the Umax concentric coils. The Hot Tech detectors have only three concentrics, the 9" spoked, the 8" donut, and the 5.75" round. So it's a toss up, also, the fact that I own every Hot Tech coil, but the Umax selection has that 12" spoked concentric that I always thought was pretty cool. Too many choices!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread