New Sand Shark owner

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats I heard its a great machine, I have the tiger shark and I love it, HH acman

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are a great little machine, it will be an awesome addition !
Do you have a test plot to try it out in?
I do get a bit (and I mean nothing like the single frequency machines! ) falsing with it, but only on really bad parts of our lower east coast beaches, but then those sands are pretty bad with enough iron and magnetite, that a China based company wanted to get resource consent to mine there :(

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do mostly fresh water hunting with it and just a little land hunting, I just love it the language is pretty cool sounds like a duck no kidding, here is some of the things I found lately

Attachments

• image-255575059.jpg
    image-255575059.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 270
  • image-2667158916.jpg
    image-2667158916.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 228
OP
OP
mike3366

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well my Sand Shark arrived today ! Can't wait to try it out , sorry no test lot . LAN on going out in the am but not sure where yet . Will update you all after the first hunt and keep in mind your info as I hunt . A/ C Man we do have something in common other than our sharks , that is our choice of beer PBR !!

A/CMan

Apr 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the best beer in my book Mike! Now get out there and find some keepers!! Congrats !!!!!!

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Luck, Its a kinda happy feeling to venture on to the wet sand with your PI for the first time and know that you will dominate the conditions with it :)
Good to see what you may find too :)

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Getting my Sand Shark on Saturday . I have been using a Garret Ace 350 for the last year . Any tips or advice is welcome in learning my new MD . I live between Boston and Cape Cod plenty of beaches around here .

Hello from White Plains, New York! I suggest you make sure the signal tone is set to the frequency YOUR ear hears the best (page 12 in the manual), and that you start in NORMAL mode, with your pulse width at about the 2pm position, your threshold around 1230pm, and your volume set so that you can barely hear the threshold above the waves crashing. Get at least 50 hours on the headphones BEFORE you switch to VCO mode. After 100-hours on the machine, you will know its language.

DO NOT wrap the coil wire as shown on the cover of the manual. Bring the cable straight up the lower plastic rod, and wrap above it on the metal rod. This helps with electrical interference "EMI" (in my opinion and experience). Hope you enjoy the video!

Attachments

• dfgfdgf.jpg
    dfgfdgf.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 128
OP
OP
mike3366

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Terry , funny you responded I was out today in a lake with plymouthian12 (kent ) he said I should get your advice . Well already done thank you

Nutriasub

Nov 16, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Garret Pro Pointer
i will be looking forward to hearing how did it go, I´m looking to buy one myself, and still debating a little bit...
Good luck.
One quiestion, what kind of sand scoop you use?

OP
OP
mike3366

mike3366

Apr 30, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A quick update from my first few hunts . 1 went to a local lake found mostly junk but did not have machine set properly (thanks terry took care of it ) 2 a sand bar off Plymouth mass , got 4 bottle caps and a bottle opener ,but had fun and still learning . 3 Plymouth beach , bottle caps , and old lobster pot mesh pieces , and junk . Happy with machine so far still learning the hobby and machine . Hoping for more success during the summer ,headed to Maine in a few weeks for vacation and to hunt the lake . I don't have a good scoop yet waiting for my buddy to make it for me at his metal shop. It will be 6" stainless round scoop will post a pic when it's done . HH this summer boys !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread