DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been searching for reviews and stuff about the Tesoro Tiger Shark because I am really starting to think about freshwater detecting. I don't live near the beach so I would only use it in saltwater like once a year. I was looking at an Excalibur but heard the tiger shark can be just as good. I haven't really seen any finds people have made with it so I'm interested to see any finds people have had with it. Any info would be helpful. This is only an idea, I definitely can't go out and just buy one at the moment. I have a Vaquero that i really like to hold me over. Thanks

Last edited:

Allcav

Jun 14, 2011
Prescott, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bobby,
Yes, some of the greats use the Tiger Shark for fresh water and only the Tiger Shark like Andy Sabisch. He stats that it is hands down the best in fresh water and finding the gold.

OP
OP
DigDugNY

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response man. I appreciate it

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at Detectahead posts...amazing finds in rivers of North Carolina, with the Tiger. I like mine a lot, and have made some nice jewelry finds with it in local lakes. I also have the Tesoro Stingray, as a loaner for friends. Good luck and happy hunting. Niffler

Andy Sabisch

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2009
As Allcav said, when it comes to hitting gold items in fresh water, the Tiger Shark is a detector that can't be beat. My dive partner uses his exclusively for all his hunting and he is out all the time as he does insurance recovery work (Welcome to Land & Sea Recovery Services . . . . We can reunite you with your lost valuables!). Since most freshwater finds are not moved around like they are in the ocean beaches, most finds are not super deep waiting for a storm to uncover them. The Tiger gets the depth to hit them and is the only water machine that will hit the gold chains consistently. If you drape a thin chain across an Excalibur coil, you will likely not even get a threshold change . . . . larger pieces are no problem for the multi frequency units but the small items tend to be overlooked.

When you look at the sticker price, the performance and the warranty, the Tiger makes a great fresh water detector

Andy Sabisch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions