WHAT IS YOUR FEELINGS ON THE TEJON????

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think the Tejon is a really powerful machine, and in medium to low minerlized soil it works great. I will work in high minerlization, but you need to lower the sensitivity, use a widescan coil, and stay on the ground balance. In the right soil, you will recover targets 10"+ with the 9" concentric. But I can't use it when I go gold prospecting, because it just won't ground balance around heavy accumulations of black sand or hot rocks. It will probably do good around fresh water, but the brackish might be a little chattery.

JKPK1

Sep 27, 2009
Florida
If I had one complaint so far about my Tejon is that I wish it were waterproof. Not waterproof for use as a wet sand detector at the ocean, rather better protected from rain, dust, sand and the occasional rinsing. I have the Tesoro optional Rain Jacket, still the faceplate, knobs and lower discrimination toggle switch still seem vulnerable to a downpour.

Performance wise I have done ok with it, need to get out and let it stretch it's legs.

The 10 turn GB mod benefit would be nice if it came as oem, but for me the machine finds deep stuff.

Any chance of rain and the Tejon stays home, the Sand Shark is put to use. Obviously for the wet sand on the ocean , but also in the rain regardless of the soil.

PK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread