silver umax chatter

bigtruck68

Jul 24, 2012
Pittsburgh,Pa
Detector(s) used
whites xlt * minelab sovereign xs * whites 6000 DI Pro * musketeer xs * xp deus* etrac*tesoro vaquero *
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was out at a abanded home tonite and my umax was constantly chattering , it was so bad i had to stop. the home has been empty for a long while ,in fact the weeds and grass were almost 6 ft high, the boro came in and removed everything down to the bare dirt and are going to tear down the house soon, my umax wouldnt stop chattering, its the first time it has done this, anyone have any idea's as to whats causing this ? my buddy was there with his cheap BH and got it to smooth out and work but my umax was going crazy.

rossman85

May 14, 2012
harrisburg, pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro, pro pointer, lesche digger
I had an eldorado umax, and thankfully it had a frequency shifter. It probably is some sort of emi interference. The place it chattered for me was a friends farm, and he had to not just turn off, but unplug his electric fence for his cows for the emi to stop bugging the detector. I'm not sure what can be done as the silver umax do not have these frequency shifters. Maybe their is a way to get around it, and if there is, somebody on treasurenet is bound to know. Good luck and God bless!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread