Dust/rain cover question

sciflyer25

Nov 22, 2011
Montco, PA
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a silver umax. I have no plans to MD when there is a chance of rain, so my question is that should I get a cover for dirt/dust? Has anyone had a problem with dry dirt getting inside the box and causing a problem? And what cover would you recommend?
Thanks in advance
Jim

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as a suggestion, the dust covers doesn't just protect it from rain it also protect the controls from scuffmarks and scratches and will make it easier to sell for top dollar down the road if you decide to sell to upgrade............

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
sciflyer25 said:
I have a silver umax. I have no plans to MD when there is a chance of rain, so my question is that should I get a cover for dirt/dust? Has anyone had a problem with dry dirt getting inside the box and causing a problem? And what cover would you recommend?
Thanks in advance
Jim

Hi,yes i got the dust cover that Tesoro makes,it is nice,i leave it on.The plastic on the front helps to keep the control knobs from being bumped and moved.Esp from the headphone cord.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The original looks nice, does anyone knows if it comes in other colors other than brown?

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread