Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart of Big Boy Hobbies doesn't carry Tesoro's unfortunately. Look for dealers advertising in Western & Easter Treasures. You should be getting this magazine anyway. All the dealers sell detectors at the same price and they might throw in extra pieces of junk at inflated prices and call it "free." However it is worth it to travel to any dealer even if you need to drive an hour to their place of business as they can assemble it for you and test it even before you leave the store. This saves UPS from delivering it to the wrong house or it arrives DOA.

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
jfeeney said:
I've decided to get an Outlaw given the reviews I've read, the comments from folks here, it's American made and guaranteed for life.

I don't have a local dealer but realize there are dealers on the board. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. PM me if you like or post it here. Many thanks.

Good choice!.I deal with Kellyco mostly,but it is nice to support the little dealers and i do also.The Outlaw is more than meets the eye.It will take off here directly.3 coils,the 12x10 is not even offered on the market yet.This is a no brainer here!.Where are the Tesoro dudes at?Get here and let's talk about the Outlaw!.This detector is going to hit it big soon.I give it to this time next year as detectorist start to realize the full aspects of this well thought out detector.This is no old tesoro reborn.The outlaw is hiding many secrets and Tesoro is just waiting and smiling waiting for us to find out.I would get one now before this thing is found out or you may have a hard time getting one.Any serious detectorist that likes Tesoro better look at the Outlaw!.I'm telling you guys this detector has a new expanded experimental discrimination circuit in it,You go ahead and believe this is the same old same old,jokes on you!.Then if one has a golden or decides to get one you have all you will ever need for any terrain except the wet salt sand.I better stop,i could go on for hours,but i got arthritis in my hand and this hurts typing. :-*

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've decided to get an Outlaw given the reviews I've read, the comments from folks here, it's American made and guaranteed for life.

I don't have a local dealer but realize there are dealers on the board. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. PM me if you like or post it here. Many thanks.

PM me and I'll give you Rusty Henry's contact info. He'll hook you up the right way.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The main feature I love about the Outlaw is the Zero motion All metal. Those that remember the older TR units know what I am talking about. :icon_thumleft:

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can also help you out with an Outlaw. If you are not happy with it once you try it you can ship it back on me. No restocking fee. Now if you have a dealer within 50 miles, support them, if not myself and any other Tnet supporting dealer will give you as close to local service as you can get. I hunt with a guy who is friends with New England Detectors and has nothing but good things to say. I know Mike at Woodland will take care of you as well.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I would have to agree with Sandman at shop at a local store, even if you have to drive. The local guys know the laws, terrain, and which detector is best for you. At the local shop, you can pick up and play with the different models.They will also take the time to treat you right before and after the sale. If there is no local Tesoro dealer, then I would buy from a TreasureNet supporting dealer. Either way, you are backed by the full faith of Tesoro. I have had several detector issues over the last 10 years and Tesoro has taken care of them without issues, haggling, dispute, etc. They actually will surprise you with the old fashioned customer service. I will always buy Tesoro.

OP
OP
jfeeney

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the input from all of you. Normally, I would go local but I the closest one doesn't carry the Outlaw and the others are too far. I need a few more days to get the wife pealed off the ceiling after telling her my plan.

Worse case: I'll order it and have it sent to my work. By then it will be too late. Thanks again!

OP
OP
jfeeney

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty called me today. What a great guy! I'm itching to pull the trigger for the purchase. I'm in spouse management mode. :)

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Well,I do wish someone would get the thing and use it,to see what it is,you would be a hero.But i know one thing,since i put the 12x10 dd that came with the Outlaw onto the Golden i may never have to work again! :-)

Tee1up

Sep 9, 2012
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outlaw: Zero motion

The main feature I love about the Outlaw is the Zero motion All metal. Those that remember the older TR units know what I am talking about. :icon_thumleft:

Zero motion circuit combined with the big DD coil are my favorite features on the Outlaw. I've been combing the same kids sledding hill for the last couple weeks now and I had no idea the little guys carried (and lost) so much coinage. I also like the double-beep feature, letting me know coins are close to the surface.

I never used any other Tesoro MD's but I am really happy my Outlaw. Only downer right now is winter is coming and Saskatchewan can get pretty harsh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread