MD epidemic

Nov 15, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal, wader,Vaquero,Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have not used my Vaquero much this year but plan on using it for the next 3-4 weeks if not water hunting, it's getting cold. So far the 1st time
out I found this 14K necklace with opals and this past weekend I found the 14K pendent and $11.21 in clad and my first modern cache (LOL) a candy tube with $2.18
mostly Nickels.
I mostly use TID detectors when land hunting but sent one in for repair and decided to give the Vaq a try. I have my disc set just above iron and have dug alot more aluminum foil and bottle caps than normal but it has paid off and I don't mind digging and removing the trash since I usually go to the same parks anyway. I hope I can keep up the gold streak 2 weekends in a row.

HH, Epi

Attachments

• Gold neclace2(vaq).jpg
    Gold neclace2(vaq).jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Gold necklace(vaq).jpg
    Gold necklace(vaq).jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 9-30-12 pendent (VAQ).jpg
    9-30-12 pendent (VAQ).jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 111
  • 9-30-12 Cache(VAQ).jpg
    9-30-12 Cache(VAQ).jpg
    173.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 9-30-12 Cache2(VAQ).jpg
    9-30-12 Cache2(VAQ).jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 140
  • 9-30-12 trash.jpg
    9-30-12 trash.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 110

mortarman

Aug 12, 2012
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Teknetics Omega 8500, Garrett Master Hunter 7, Garrett Pro-pointer/ Stavr Scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds! Congrats. You may find yourself using the V more often now!

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Thanks MD,you have something going there,I have had two different Vaqueros,but i am not even going to be dumb enough to give you any tips,from now on I'm coming to you for answers! This is unreal,i have not seen something like this in awhile!.Whatever you are doing with that detector,keep doing it!.man.... :-$

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! Looks like you had a great day. The Vaquero surprises alot of people. Congrats!

OP
OP
M

MD epidemic

Nov 15, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks MD,you have something going there,I have had two different Vaqueros,but i am not even going to be dumb enough to give you any tips,from now on I'm coming to you for answers! This is unreal,i have not seen something like this in awhile!.Whatever you are doing with that detector,keep doing it!.man.... :-$

Thanks, SpirtRelic but I'm sure you know the Vaq very well and can teach me alot. I just got lucky and swung the coil over the right spot, with low Discrimination. My plan was
to use the clean sweep coil and dig all signals at the park(soccer field ) where I found the heart pendant. Instead I used the 5.75 concentric because it was already mounted. It was
the combo i used when I found the necklace at a totlot.
I must say it is a great little coil and hits hard on targets and I don't even have to use the pinpoint feature. The heart pendant is actually my deepest gold, found on land, it was aproximatly 4-5' range
and hit loud and clear.

HH,Epi

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Do you have the original low tone,or the high tone?I still can not decide on which way to go on the next Vaq.Maybe low,for easy on the ears.Did you say you had the DD 5.75 or concentric?Do you use headphones?I don't know if i would supertune the Vaq for jewelry hunting.Have you supertuned the Vaq?There are so many good coils for the Vaq,the 10x5 dd is overlooked by all ,but this coil is awesome on the Vaq.Would be great for jewelry. :-D

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great finds! Especially that opal necklace, it looks like it could be worth up to several thousand dollars. I'm talking the gold plus the opal value. The retail value of jewelry is terrible nowdays.

OP
OP
M

MD epidemic

Nov 15, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have the original low tone,or the high tone?I still can not decide on which way to go on the next Vaq.Maybe low,for easy on the ears.Did you say you had the DD 5.75 or concentric?Do you use headphones?I don't know if i would supertune the Vaq for jewelry hunting.Have you supertuned the Vaq?There are so many good coils for the Vaq,the 10x5 dd is overlooked by all ,but this coil is awesome on the Vaq.Would be great for jewelry. :-D

I have the low tone and was using the concentric coil. I also have the 5.75 DD but have not used it. I was using the Calrad's that came with the detector when i bought it, but for these last hunts I used the Koss UR-30's I took from another detector because the cable was longer.. Yes, I supertuned once or twice over a year and a half ago with stock coil but can't comment on how it worked, I don't remember.

HH.Epi

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I must say it is a great little coil and hits hard on targets and I don't even have to use the pinpoint feature. The heart pendant is actually my deepest gold, found on land, it was aproximatly 4-5' range
and hit loud and clear.

HH,Epi

Four to five feet? You must have been digging for hours! :coffee2:

I only use my pin-point maybe 5-10% of the time, I can't imagine how tight you can pinpoint with the smaller coil. One of these days when I'm employeed again, I'm giving this machine serious consideration.

Anywhozit majorly nice finds...it's amazing what you can find on tot lots...and many people don't search them regularly.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Finds - Congratulations! :occasion14:

OP
OP
M

MD epidemic

Nov 15, 2010
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Four to five feet? You must have been digging for hours! :coffee2:

OOPs...:tongue3: I mean yah, I was tired, but It only took 2 hours because I was using my custom digger. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread