Excal, wader,Vaquero,Ace 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These devices are sometimes helpful to those of us that don't hear the weak signals well. Most hunters just turn up the volume either on the MD or headphones. Some cheaper MD's have a preset volume that can't be adjusted. These AMPS only amplify the total signal and not just the weak ones. Do they help? Some swear by them but using better headphones is lots cheaper and you won't need a hearing aid later.

Sluicedog

Jul 5, 2007
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Garrett Gold Stinger, Garrett XL500 Pulse, 2" Sub-Dredge,Goldsnare SGS-1, ELF detector, MFD w/electronic detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've had one attached to my Garrett Gold Stinger for over 15 years. Mine is held on by a big velcro block to the side of my detector. It helps me pick up smaller targets and I like the sound difference. It's handy bypass switch gives me the ability to switch over to normal mode for further audio checking. Great battery life and I have enjoyed this add on for years. I always use good headphones...it works with ear buds as well.

Gary66

Jul 30, 2009
Belle Vernon PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bandido and Conquistador. Whites TR-Disc, Eagle 2 SL 90, Eagle Spectrum, XLT and M6. Garrett GTAx 1000pm, Garrett Pro Pointer. Compass XP-Pro. Fisher CZ-6A. Bounty Hunter Tracker IV and Sharpshooter.
I have the Superphone 2001 headphones that have the amps built in. Seem to work well with my Vaquero.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread