Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can use all metal to confirm deep targets that are just a whisper in disc.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I normally use disc when detecting, but how could I go about using all metal mode? Is it hard to distinguish targets? Can you even pinpoint? If you detect in all metal what's the best way to do it. Thanks for any info

You will get added depth in All Metal, but it is just that - All Metal. It is exactly the same as pinpointing in Discriminate mode. The difference is the amount of digging your are going to do. The best way to do it is one-hour at a time. Pick an area about 25-feet square. Grid it for one-hour in all metal, digging all targets. Keep track of the signal strength and tone quality (was it a long tone, broken tone, short tone, crackling tone..) and note what you dig up. After an hour, you'll be tired and frustrated - unless you dig a 12"-deep seated half-dime!

After an hour, start discriminating just iron. Note the difference in depth of your targets - if any, and your signal strengths and tone qualities. Good Luck

starprince

Greenie
Aug 30, 2005
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites 6000DI Series 3, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro, Fisher 1212X, Garrett American AM-2, Garrett Beach Hunter AT3, and Garrett Hunter BFO (Retired but still works)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Vaquero also and it tunes differently than my Whites in all metal mode. Find the sweet spot on the ground control knob and set the threshold knob to a steady level hum, raise and lower the coil and move the ground control knob untill it sounds the same in the air as the ground. I can even do it with the pinpoint button (that is the all metal mode also) pressed in motion mode. Took a while, keep at it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions