Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Aug 2006
    New York
    Minelab E-trac
    99 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Using Vaquero in all-metal mode

I normally use disc when detecting, but how could I go about using all metal mode? Is it hard to distinguish targets? Can you even pinpoint? If you detect in all metal what's the best way to do it. Thanks for any info
    What a hobby

us
    Peace Through Superior Firepower

Jul 2005
    Colorado Springs
    Tesoro LST, Tejon, Diablo II "Gold Demon", Whites GMT, TreasureMaster PI 3000, Falcon MD20, Vibraprobe
    187 times
    Prospecting
    You can use all metal to confirm deep targets that are just a whisper in disc.

Charter Member
    us
    TerrySoloman.com

May 2010
    Congress, AZ - White Plains, NY
    Tesoro Cult Member - Tejon; Sand Shark; Lobo Super Traq; Vaquero; Cibola; Compadre - Minelab GPX 5000
    3377 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby S View Post
    I normally use disc when detecting, but how could I go about using all metal mode? Is it hard to distinguish targets? Can you even pinpoint? If you detect in all metal what's the best way to do it. Thanks for any info
    You will get added depth in All Metal, but it is just that - All Metal. It is exactly the same as pinpointing in Discriminate mode. The difference is the amount of digging your are going to do. The best way to do it is one-hour at a time. Pick an area about 25-feet square. Grid it for one-hour in all metal, digging all targets. Keep track of the signal strength and tone quality (was it a long tone, broken tone, short tone, crackling tone..) and note what you dig up. After an hour, you'll be tired and frustrated - unless you dig a 12"-deep seated half-dime!

After an hour, start discriminating just iron. Note the difference in depth of your targets - if any, and your signal strengths and tone qualities. Good Luck

Aug 2005
    Oregon
    Tesoro Vaquero, Whites 6000DI Series 3, Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro, Fisher 1212X, Garrett American AM-2, Garrett Beach Hunter AT3, and Garrett Hunter BFO (Retired but still works)
    1 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I have a Vaquero also and it tunes differently than my Whites in all metal mode. Find the sweet spot on the ground control knob and set the threshold knob to a steady level hum, raise and lower the coil and move the ground control knob untill it sounds the same in the air as the ground. I can even do it with the pinpoint button (that is the all metal mode also) pressed in motion mode. Took a while, keep at it.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors