DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Vaquero is a great machine. I have had one for more than a year and it does what it's meant to do. It weighs only like 2-3 pounds, i can swing it all day. It can get really good depth depending on soil conditions, but the manual ground balance usually helps with that in more mineralized places. If you have it set normally, it can hit a dime at about 6-8" on average. It can be supertuned which means tuning the threshold and sensitivity all the way up without it chattering. That can add like an inch to inch and a half depending. It can pick up smaller items at pretty deep depths as well.
Overall it is not hard to use and once you get the hang of the ground balance and discrimination it will be your friend.
Some people will prolly tell you to get the outlaw if your thinking about getting different coils because the outlaw comes with 3, but I can vouch for the Vaquero

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great machine veryy light get the 12 x 10 SEF coil and it gets a little more depth just don't go past 2:00 oclock on the thrshold it does lose disc and you will dig deep iron but really great machine!

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome machine, light, fast battery lasts forever, just try to learn it.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a decent machine that has pretty good depth how do you tell the difference in coins or is it just a beep and dig and be surprised

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Manipulate the disc knob and pay attention to where on the knob the "beep" disappears. I put a couple marks around the knob indicating where certain coins fall off, nickels and pennies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions