Compadre

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

richbat

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre/GPP/Lesche/Bomb Sheath
The Compadre is a great little machine,I'm sure you'll enjoy it,Sure love mine.

OP
OP
A

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Well I have tried the Compadre over the past few days and it performs quite well. My detector is fitted with an 8 inch concentric coil.
I have not used a basic detector for many years but I am impressed with the Compadre. It is easy to use and was able to locate most of my test patch targets that are Aussie coins at 7 to 8 inches deep in low iron mineral ground. I had the disc set between iron and foil so as to give some small iron disc while still being able to respond to our 5 cent coin in an air test.
The compadre could not locate the 10 and 5 cents in ground at 8 inches with disc at iron/foil or All Metal, although I will say that some of my high end detectors also struggle on these 2 coins coin in these ground conditions. The detector also responds well to small gold chains that my Sov, 6000DI Pro SL and BDHI would not respond too which was a surprise, so the compadre might do well on these targets in the dry beach sand.
The signal tone in my headphones was too loud and vol control HPs will be needed for anybody intending to use HPs with this detector.
I have only had the Compadre a few days and my opinion thus far is that it is an excellent little detector that performs much better than the simple outward appearance might suggest. I have owned and used a large number of different machines over the years and I would not be surprised if the compadre finds a permanent place in the boot of my car.
Might take it to the coast this weekend and see how it stacks up at the beach.

OP
OP
A

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well I didn't get to the coast because back decided to give some trouble but I did get in a 20 min detect at a nearby school oval and came up with these few items.

These targets were not deep at around 4 to 5 inches but the compadre gave a good solid signal on all items

http://i792.photobucket.com/albums/yy203/ausnapshot/DSCF3385.jpg

Last edited:

richbat

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre/GPP/Lesche/Bomb Sheath
Congrats. on your finds.That little Compadre is a work horse for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread