Lobo Super Traq for coinshooting?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Lobo is a fine coinshooter as well as a good nugget finder. Since silver is very conductive it will hit good on it.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had great success with the Lobo Super Traq as a coinshooter!

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would it be better than Vaquero for coinshooting?

I have about a month before I am ready to buy and still haven't made my mind up. Sooo many good detectors out there. I have been researching for way too long! When all is said and done I need two machines- a super coinshooter for land and a waterproof unit for freshwater hunting. I currently have a Silver uMax, was thinking about the Tiger Shark for freshwater and maybe an MXT Pro, Xterra 705, or Vaquero for the coin shooter. If I got the Vaq and the Tiger Shark, then with the Silver that I already have, that would make three Tesoros. Then everyone would think I was related to Terry Soloman or something! Just kidding Terry! :laughing7:

Soooooo, instead of spending $650 for a Tiger Shark, and $700+ for a land machine, would the Minelab Excaliber work well for both situations?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Excal would work well for the water but it wouldn't be the best choice for the land mainly because of its weight, it being a water detector. Better for land would be the Sov GT if you wanted to hunt saltwater beaches on the dry and wet sand. It is the land version of the Excal. The Tiger Shark is a good freshwater detector and again is heavier for a land unit.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would it be better than Vaquero for coinshooting?

I have about a month before I am ready to buy and still haven't made my mind up. Sooo many good detectors out there. I have been researching for way too long! When all is said and done I need two machines- a super coinshooter for land and a waterproof unit for freshwater hunting. I currently have a Silver uMax, was thinking about the Tiger Shark for freshwater and maybe an MXT Pro, Xterra 705, or Vaquero for the coin shooter. If I got the Vaq and the Tiger Shark, then with the Silver that I already have, that would make three Tesoros. Then everyone would think I was related to Terry Soloman or something! Just kidding Terry! :laughing7:

Soooooo, instead of spending $650 for a Tiger Shark, and $700+ for a land machine, would the Minelab Excaliber work well for both situations?

If you are looking for a freshwater/land hunter, get a Garrett AT Pro. Water machines like the Tiger Shark are IN WATER machines, meant for diving where the weight doesn't matter. I just got the Vaquero, and so far, I love it for coin shooting even more than the Cibola! Good Luck!

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Terry, the Tiger Shark would be for in fresh water in water use.

I know lots of people use the AT Pro, like them and have good luck with them, but I am not overly fond of them. I ran into someone using one and he let me swing it for awhile and it was not for me. Not saying their bad or knocking them, it just wasn't a good fit for me.

One other option I thought of would be to get a Fisher CZ21 and use it for water and then do a hip mount for land. What do you guys think of that?

Otherwise I am pretty sure I am going to get the Tiger Shark and a separate land detector. I have read nothing but good about the Tiger Shark and the dealers that I have talked to that have used it say its one great detector. If I go the Tiger Shark route my land detector would between a Vaquero, Xterra 705 or 505, Omega 800, F70, or MXT Pro. I really like the Safari but can't afford that and the Tiger Shark. Decisions!??!

Sandman the Sov GT and Excaliber would be ideal, but the budget wouldn't allow for that right now. I am kinda in the mid-priced water detector and mid-priced land detector boat. One of each that are the best performers I can get in that mid-priced range.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you want the dual freq of the CZ-21 and only want it in a land unit why not find a CZ-6a which is the land version of the CZ-20/21? The price would be less than new land units.

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone. I passed on the used Lobo I had a chance to get for a decent price. After weeks of research I have decided to go with the Tesoro Tiger Shark for the water (freshwater) and the Xterra 705 for land. Hope I am making good choices because I can't afford to do this twice! Let me know what you think, I have about 3 weeks till I can order.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like two great machines! Good luck and big gold! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread