Which Tesoro for Prescott AZ?

ground pirate

Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, first I apologize if I am not following forum etiquette by doing a better job of searching this subject.
I live in Prescott Az and am shopping for my first metal detector. I have decided on a Tesoro because they are local even though I know I will have to go thru a dealer to get one.
I have heard mention of heavy ground mineralization in this area and that I need a higher end detector.
My question is what is the simplest(cheapest) model of the Tesoro line I can buy that would be effective in this area?
Thanks in advance

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from White Plains, New York! Stop in at the factory and ask for Rusty Henry. Rusty is a good friend, the Tesoro Service Manager, and a Tesoro Dealer. My guess is the Vaquero, but talk to Rusty, and tell him Terry said hi!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk to Rusty......

OP
OP
G

ground pirate

Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spoke with Rusty and learned more in 10 minutes than I did in a couple weeks of looking on the net- what a nice guy. He steered me towards the Vaquero. Its a little more than I want to spend but Rusty made a pretty good case for doing this right.

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You won't be sorry for spending the money on the Vaquero, its my go to detector!

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder why the Vaquero Vs the Outlaw. I would think they are both good in heavy mineralization??

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty is great. Glad to hear things worked out for you.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Outlaw is not a gold nugget machine at all. The V can be used for not only coins a jewelry, but nuggets also. Using the V for nuggets just requires more attention to the ground balance. The V is a good compromise, because the next step up for a gold nugget machine is the Lobo Super Traq for a couple of hundred bucks more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread