A Vaquero question. . . .

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, yes it would!:occasion14:

Woodyvtwin

Greenie
Jan 16, 2013
Newfane, NY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a "Tesoro Compadre" so I am not that familiar with the Vaquero. Although, I have been advised, by a reliable source, that it is the ultimate pick for all-around detector for the money. In addition, I have watched some awesome videos on You Tube at this Link:
mjcz5853's channel - YouTube
The Vaquero definately appeals to me. I hope this helps.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry didn't have to elaborate.
What he said!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned various Tesoros for years and yes, the Vaquero is a monster! Be prepared to dig deep though. Not having a screen that tells you the depth of an object you will want to learn subtleties of the sounds.

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
I have had two vaqueros.They were sweet.I was going to get another as i sold the two i had.They are considered a all terrain detector.Perfect for all types of hunting.But i got the vaqs big brother now, the tejon.But i am so found of the vaq.Even has a high enough frequency to be a started gold prospecting detector.You cannot go wrong with a vaquero. :-V

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
simple, light, quiet and deep. I have found deeper and tinier targets missed by other detectors

the stock coil works great

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread