Mid-Missouri
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden umax
Fisher Coinstrike
Detector Pro Pistol Probe
Periscope Probe
Primary Interest:
Other
No question, the 5.75" concentric would be my second coil assuming that I only owned the Vaquero. Not being able to get into moderate to heavy trash would be really limiting since trashier areas are often the most productive - trash often represents activity.

After that, I would get the 12"x10" DD because that is really the most attractive coil for my needs. Working with a 15-25% overlap compared to the 50% concentric need for overlap really would speed the coverage of larger open areas. This is also a coil option currently only available for HOT tech detectors (Outlaw excluded), so there is also that.

Last edited:

coon8448

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the 5.75 concentric already and I'm saving up for the 12X10 widescan.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Topdecker nailed it. If you had to get only one coil and had one detector, the smaller sniper coil is the way to go for trashy places.

NRA.jpg

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I picked up the 5.75in Conc. and have spent a couple of hours with it. I can't say enough about it, I can't believe how well it separates the targets in trashy areas. I mean, I knew that a smaller coil would do that, but I never knew it did it so well! I'm going to talk to Tom at Miller MDz about picking up the 10X12, I think I need to have that one for the big fields I'm looking at hunting!

HH
PTP

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How does the 5.75 concentric compare to the widescan 5.75?

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not sure, I just know the Conc. works really well, If I can get this weather to cooperate, I am really wanting to get back out and use it!

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The widescan will handle minerlization and super heavy trash better, but if you had to have just one on the east coast in your mild soil, the concentric is the better choice.

How does the 5.75 concentric compare to the widescan 5.75?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
? Whats the price range for both 5.75 coils

coon8448

Apr 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Through my local dealer it was 100 bucks even. He was even nice enough to meet me in town because he works out of his house and he lives on the other side of town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread