Greatest Tesoro Metal Detector In The $500-900 Range?

Spider-Man

Tenderfoot
Jan 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting spots are parks, fields and lakes. I don't plan on actually putting it in the water, though. I live in Lansing, Michigan if that helps identify the soil. I would like a good coin, relic and jewelry hunting metal detector, but if there's a gold coin or gold jewelry in the ground, it needs to be able to find that too. My first choice would be the X-Terra 705, but the Tesoro warranty is just waaaay too good to pass up. I guess I want one that rivals the X-Terra 705 and has just as much depth if not more.

Price doesn't include accessories, I've set some money aside for those. The price is for the metal detector itself with the stock coil.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Vaquero is a great all around machine that does everything you just stated. The Outlaw would be another great option and you get the extra coils...both keep you just above or below the low end of your budget so your accessories can come out of the detector budget instead.

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Vaquero and Outlaw are both great machines, I personally use the Vaquero but I would suggest the Tejon (which will be my next machine). It offers higher frequency, dual discrimination, and better depth.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the Tesoro's meet your requirements. I like my Tejon as it has very good depth, more than the 705.

bstover

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro outlaw, Tesoro Silver Umax, Minelab Safari, Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to the Tesoro family I suppose. As Hosensack stated anyone of those two Would be great. I can assure you this as well you will not regreat contacting Hosensack for your metal detector purchase. I am sure glad I did and may possibly be adding another in the near future. My two cents.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread