Tesoro Outlaw Opinion

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seems to me that not having a screen would cause you to dig more, and in my opinion, if you dig more, you get more. i wonder how many cool things i would have passed up by now if id been making my dig or not dig judgements by what a screen was telling me. i dug a merc with my umax the other day and placed it back into the hole for my uncle to go over with his minelab xterra. he admitted that if he made his judgement based solely on what his digital readout screen was telling him, that he would have passed up that mercury head.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
seems to me that not having a screen would cause you to dig more, and in my opinion, if you dig more, you get more. i wonder how many cool things i would have passed up by now if id been making my dig or not dig judgements by what a screen was telling me. i dug a merc with my umax the other day and placed it back into the hole for my uncle to go over with his minelab xterra. he admitted that if he made his judgement based solely on what his digital readout screen was telling him, that he would have passed up that mercury head.
.... That is true ones that do not use a screen have more good finds than the ones that use a screen......

bstover

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro outlaw, Tesoro Silver Umax, Minelab Safari, Garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an outlaw and a vaquero. both are excellent machines.

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bstover, which one do you like better and why? Does the outlaw have good depth?

bstover

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rainyday101 said:
bstover, which one do you like better and why? Does the outlaw have good depth?

Yea the outlaw has good depth. With the 3 coils. It's a great deal. I have found the more I use the machines the better you understand them. Yes I would buy the outlaw again if I was doing it all over.

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark
I just ordered the Outlaw ... You ever get that excited but pit in your stomach feeling when you make a big purchase ? haha :thumbsup:

bstover

Greenie
Jan 14, 2013
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered the Outlaw ... You ever get that excited but pit in your stomach feeling when you make a big purchase ? haha :thumbsup:

You will enjoy it. I sure do enjoy mine.

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Keppy, I am ordering the Tiger Shark soon and the kids will be using the Silver uMax. Soooo..... I need another one and before long the wife will want one tooo!

Jfeeney, thanks for taking the time to test. I am hoping I could squeak out a little more depth by getting the sensitivity higher. I have mild ground here so the depths shouldn't be too much of an issue. Right now I seem to change my mind often, but it always keeps coming back to a handful of detectors. I am sure any one of them would suit my needs well. The day I buy is probably the day I decide. I am still eyeballing a Vaquero with a shooter coil for about the price of the outlaw also. Decisions, decisions! There are a lot of detectors in my price range, but for some reason I keep swaying back to the Tesoro beep and digs. They just seem to have good performance and are a heck of a value. I have looked at the MXT Pro several times, but even used they are higher priced. I guess that says something about the White's, they hold their value well.

the whites m6 is cheaper than a mxt pro,and is a coin magnet!
very similar to the mxt pro,less some features.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

chinchilla

Dec 18, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro, White's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Outlaw with its three coils and its three shafts is a great deal. I have already seen on forums good finds with this machine

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You absolutely did more with a beep dig machine, i started out with one and leaning towards getting another

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes I would like to try a display, BUT I keep doing so good with the beep and dig that I am leaning towards another. My current beep and dig is a Silver uMax and I am thinking about adding either an Outlaw, Vaquero, or Tejon. Once you learn the tone and use the disc. finding coins and less trash is not a problem. My Silver uMax amazes every time I use it.

HDRK11

Feb 3, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Excal, MXT, Tejon & Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your going mostly coins and jewlery, I think the Outlaw is the way to go and with all of those coil options is a bargain and will cover any or most situations.

If you are primarily a relic hunter, then I cannot say enough about the Tejon, I love mine and the dual discriminators.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread