1st time out with the Vaquero- a lot to learn

ground pirate

Jan 10, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learned a few things, and found a few things. Used the the vaquero in my gravel driveway and found a few coins, a couple of items from my motorcycle and a little trash.
What I learned-keep the detector away from my steel toed boots. Some rocks in the driveway set the detector off. I thought the gb balance knob was broken till I actually felt the drag at the end of turning the knob.
Went in the back yard and the detector was making a stuttering sound. I thought it was the battery until I remembered I have several power and telephone lines overhead.
I'm not going to assume the detector is broken every time it does something I don't think it should do.

Attachments

• DSC_3845.JPG
    DSC_3845.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 147

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your Vaquero, like my Silver Umax only has one tone. You can tell a lot from that tone after you hear all its variations for different types of targets. Start out listening closely to the tone variations and dig all the targets until you get the hang of it. When you get electrical interference turn your sensitivity down a bit until you get rid of it. Save your trash targets so you can air test them and listen to their tones and play with discrimination. You have a great deep machine that will go toe to toe with much higher priced machines once you learn how to use it real well.

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey GroundPirate!

Here is a great video on Youtube on how to use the Vaquero.....Hope it helps......It is by 53silver and he gives some really great info...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread