Sand Shark Question

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jdiggs_treasure

Jan 12, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Xp deus 11"x35/9"HF roundl/Mi6
Minelab equinox 800 11"& 6" coils
Killer b wasp headphones
Whites prostars
garrett carrot
Predator ranger shovel/raptor digger
Lesche t handle/ hand digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes.. you can use the sand shark in fresh water lakes, but it has no discrimination so u will be digging everything.. and most lakes have a bunch of trash/iron.. at least where i live in northern cali..

as far as getting the tiger shark that would be up to you... i dont mind digging everything so me personally i got a sand shark that way i could hit the salt water beaches in santa cruz as well....

the sand shark is a beast for sure!!

Last edited:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiny pieces of hairpins will take years to rust away in freshwater and you will spend a goodie amount of time digging them with the Sand Shark. I would get the Tiger Shark too with the smaller coil.

OP
OP
DirtyTrinkitDigger

DirtyTrinkitDigger

Nov 6, 2012
Texas
Detector(s) used
SE Explorer Pro, Excalibur 1000, Pro Find 25, BlissTool LTC64X v.3, Tesoro Tiger Shark, ATPro, Pro Pinpointer,
White's Beach Hunter ID 300 and Bullseye II Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I have gone and done it. I just ordered the Tiger Shark. I am starting to get the hang of the Tesoro detectors and really am enjoying the Sand Shark right now. In a month or two, I will be ordering the Outlaw. I had the older style Tiger Shark with removable coils and after I traded it I realized that I was just starting to understand how it worked. I am not knocking the Excal that I sent back because I broke a couple of the knobs off before I could get the knob guard on, but now I will have two great water detectors for less than the price of the Excal. Best of all is the Lifetime warranty. Man what a great deal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions