For black sand Ive found VCO rocks on the SS

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
For black sand I've found VCO rocks on the SS

My experience in expansive beach black sand says use VCO as the tiny changes in pitch amongst the regular ground read falsies are the goods - you can easily hear the threshold heighten ever so ............. I find in normal - my ear just can't pick up a slight volume change..... you may have a different view .... but all in all let me underline AGAIN this machine rocks and for sparse beaches why would you need to separate - especially with a machine reading less sand - I welcome hooks / sinkers etc - they break up thew monotany - still I long for a Sov Gt in the trash! and a pic from my weekend - my fav

Attachments

• IMG_2966.jpg
    IMG_2966.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 207

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Hi smuggle.I just ordered a sand shark for the salt shore.I hope it will be a good detector for this purpose.I am glad you like yours.Can you share some tips?

bleaver

Greenie
Jun 10, 2012
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola (X2), Tesoro Golden Sabre, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sandshark, Fisher CZ-21 (X2), Garrett Pro Pointer, and 5, Yes thats 5, Stainless Steel Scoops
Primary Interest:
Hey Smoogle, are you using your Sandshark on the beach or the water?

I've used mine in the water. Since PI for superior depth, I use the larger coil. I also prefer the VCO mode. For me, I get more information in the VCO mode. 9 times out of 10 I know its iron, although I still dig them all. Same for hair pins, I know that's what they are but still dig them almost every time. The thin profile of the coil and hanging the control box under the arm makes this machine a pleasure to use in the water. The coil cuts thru the water with ease and in is extremely well balanced.

OP
OP
Smoogle

Smoogle

Jul 24, 2011
North Coast NSW.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Stavr Krepish II Scoop, Plugger Balanced Shaft.
Primary Interest:
always dig, bobby pins sound the same as silver toe rings or gold blingers with an unusual shape and ... and green coins .... and... 14k earings.... and and and .85 dia carat earing.etc etc .. dig it all - recognising and discriminating iron sounds is a myth often given by those without endless hours on this machine, thus adding up the sounds and finds
oh and I hunt everywhere - from wet slope - rarely dry - mostly knee to neck deep - occasionally snorkel and have just built a hookah - have not hunted with it yet.

Last edited:

jtindover

May 8, 2012
Dover , DE
Detector(s) used
minelab Equinox 600,Minelab Excalibur 2, White's M6, Detector Pro Uni-Probe headphones, Tesoro Sand Shark , Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre 8", Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have about 9 months on my sand shark now. I have been using it in VCO mode since day one. I have to admit i did pretty good in VCO especially in the water! Today i decided to try something different 1/2 way thru my hunt. I switched it over to normal mode. It actually cut down on some chatter on a stretch of beach the shark doesn't like. I think I like the tones better in normal. So next hunt I will continue to experiment with the normal setting. I didn't notice much difference in target depths. The shark will have you digging deep for the tiniest targets LOL! All my hunts with the Sand Shark are below the high tide line into the surf. Just some clad and broken bling for me today.

jtindover

May 8, 2012
Dover , DE
Detector(s) used
minelab Equinox 600,Minelab Excalibur 2, White's M6, Detector Pro Uni-Probe headphones, Tesoro Sand Shark , Fisher F2, Tesoro Compadre 8", Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2:26:13 silver toe ring.jpg
Silver toe ring stamped italy 925 and 50 Konihok from Ukraine. Found today experimenting with normal mode. I am sure i would have had the same results in VCO. I am going to keep experimenting and see if I can tell a difference. I think think I am liking normal mode for the time being!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread