Tesoro Treasure!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very cool medallian! I wonder if it is from the 1800s? Looks almost Masonic.
Thanks Terry! I found it near a gold mine that brought in millions of dollars to the Inland Empire area in the 1860's (here in SoCal). I was able to get some info on all of the symbols except the two matching symbols on the side. They look almost arabic or hebrew to me. Some say it is a masonic medallion, others say it is a good luck talisman that wards off evil spirits and diseases, due to the abracadabra logo. The 'vulcan salute' symbol is actually an ancient jewish priestly blessing. I would love to find out what it really is. Someone told me it could be from the 1950's? Sure doesn't look like it to me though!

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tokens, I love tokens! Keep em coming guys!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is definitely an option of what it could be. Another idea people had was that its a room tag to a motel. I did find that token to a motel and a broken up key that wasn't in the video, so that is what I thought
Hey Bobby is it brass?

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
atomicscott said:
Hey Bobby is it brass?

No idea..how can I tell? I haven't really looked at it since makin the video

heathgeo

Dec 1, 2012
Salisbury, MD
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark
Not as cool as what yall are finding but its a start :thumbsup:

10373976-metal-ring-pulls-aluminum-cans.jpg profimedia-0089092228.jpg

Last edited:

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No idea..how can I tell? I haven't really looked at it since makin the video
Is it heavy for it's size? It looks like brass to me. Maybe you can do a streak test on a piece of unglazed porcelain or ceramic (bottom of coffee cup or toilet tank lid). Scratch it on the porcelain, and see what color of streak it leaves.

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
atomicscott said:
Is it heavy for it's size? It looks like brass to me. Maybe you can do a streak test on a piece of unglazed porcelain or ceramic (bottom of coffee cup or toilet tank lid). Scratch it on the porcelain, and see what color of streak it leaves.

I don't think it's that heavy, but I'll see what I can do when I get a chance

Acquisitor

Jan 6, 2011
some of the many, many, many tesoro finds.

Attachments

• DSCN5658.JPG
    DSCN5658.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN5636.JPG
    DSCN5636.JPG
    183 KB · Views: 106
  • DSCN5570.JPG
    DSCN5570.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 103
  • DSCN5542.JPG
    DSCN5542.JPG