outlaw on the beach

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took my Outlaw to Florida over Christmas. I used the 12"x10" widescan coil. It did great on dry sand... it found a bunch of pop-tops, bottle caps and sinkers. A few coins as well. It seemed to go fairly deep as well. Overall it was fine on the dry sand. On "wet-ish" sand from the rain it did OK too. On salt water wet sand there was too much chatter to use.

Basically it worked very well in the areas that both Terry and Sandman told me it should - e.g. dry sand above the high tide.

OP
OP
B

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i assume the advantage of the widescan coil was just to cover more ground, i tried mine for the first time yesterday and beat out my unc's minelab xterra 705 and my other unc's tesoro silver umax on coin finds in the woods. gave me some confidence it did. thanks for your help jfeeney.

jfeeney

Sep 16, 2012
Dayton
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No problem glad to help. And yes the 12"x10" did let me cover more ground and it perfectly lined up my scooping.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any detector will work good in dry ground and rain soaked
but your out digging targets and I'm up here digging in snow
but could you find a target that your uncles could not pick up with there detectors like a true head to head
or was luck on your side......

OP
OP
B

bufaloeletric

Oct 27, 2012
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Umax, Tesoro Outlaw, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i cant answer that yet liftloop, i havent gone behind them, and none of us have learned our detectors yet, but i can tell you that when i dug a merc the other day i put it back in the hole and my uncle said if he went by the discriminator that he wouldnt have dug it. im sure when i get some conclusive results that ill have to talk about it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread